IZH-46M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
stanleyone

IZH-46M

Post by stanleyone »

I was target shooting my new (Christmas) IZH-46M and the seals flew out. The little rubber o-rings. I had spares but know I will need to get some more. Can someone tell me where I can order some. thanks Stan
Rover

Post by Rover »

Try Ace Hardware.
Oz

Post by Oz »

$5.99. Shipping's going to cost more than the o-rings.

http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/acces ... ry_id=2090
Oz

Post by Oz »

Just curious how you blew those out so quickly? I've put over 5,000 pellets through my old 46 (non-M) in the last 5 months with no issue. But now that I said it, I'll probably blow mine out tonight ;)
stanleyone

Blown Seals

Post by stanleyone »

I may have not had the breach closed all the way, it sure surprised me. I looked at the gun and the breach was open and the seals were gone; so I will be more carful in the future.
Ken O

Post by Ken O »

Mine blow out occasionaly also, usually the top one. I always manage to find it and put it back in. I shoot out of my garage. I have a couple spares, but I need to pick up some more.

Does Ace hardware have these, or are you joking?
stanleyone

Seals for IZH-46M

Post by stanleyone »

I ordered 4 seals from Strightshooters for $3.50 each plus $1.50 shipping. I can't imagine Ace Hardware having these as the shape is different from o-ring. Stan
Rover

Post by Rover »

Ken O

I frequently buy O-rings at Ace. They have a large selection of metric and "inch" sizes.

A friend, who at one time was the largest Pardini AP dealer in the US, bought a bunch of "space shuttle" grade O-rings (he lived near Grumman Aircraft on Long Island) and hand delivered them to the Pardini factory to upgrade the not-so-good seals he was tired of replacing.

If the IZH doesn't use O-rings then I'm wrong.
Ken O

Post by Ken O »

They are not a true O ring, they have a lip around the one side to fit in a groove.

it would be nice to have a package of a dozen "just in case", but not at the prices above.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Rover wrote:Ken O

A friend, who at one time was the largest Pardini AP dealer in the US, bought a bunch of "space shuttle" grade O-rings (he lived near Grumman Aircraft on Long Island) and hand delivered them to the Pardini factory to upgrade the not-so-good seals he was tired of replacing.
Didn't a failed O-ring cause the Challenger disaster?
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

Ken, I'm not familiar with the Izzy seals, but is it possible that you're looking at a used/deformed o-ring, and that it was just a normal o-ring to start with.
Just guessing. Let us know how you make out.

R.M.
Dogchaser

Post by Dogchaser »

R.M. wrote:Ken, I'm not familiar with the Izzy seals, but is it possible that you're looking at a used/deformed o-ring, and that it was just a normal o-ring to start with.
Just guessing. Let us know how you make out.

R.M.
No, they are a very specific shape.
Rover

Post by Rover »

j-team,
You're right. I think it was physicist Richard Feynman who came up with that. What does he know, he was a drummer and a safecracker!

Hey, just don't put your IZH in the freezer before shooting.