Hammerli 480K Air Pistol - Are these pistols good?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Trojan1994

Hammerli 480K Air Pistol - Are these pistols good?

Post by Trojan1994 »

Are the Hammerli 480K pistols a good gun to consider for a first pre-charged pistol?

Are they reliable, accurate? Any issues with obtaining servicing and parts to support this gun? Any known issues in general?

Regards,

Tony
LesJ

Post by LesJ »

There is one dealer selling one with three cylinders. All of them leaks and pistol leaks also. He knows that, but will not disclose that information. I called Larry's Guns to check if it is possible to fix cylinders and was told that parts are almost gone and he will be able to fix possibly only two.
I like the pistol, but becouse of parts availability I returned pistol.
It is possible to convert them to K2 but thats cost prohibitive.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I owned one, and sold it after to borke at a world cup. I love the feel of them, but there are better APs out there for the money. with that said, I have a spare unused cylinder if you need one.

Brian
Oz

Post by Oz »

I did all this research as well after finding a 480 in a local gun shop. It will leak and fail (if it's not already doing so). The only options are either the K2 upgrade or the most recent option is to put the whole new AP40 valving in place. By the time all is said and done, you could have paid for a newer and more prominent pistol. And will have gone through a lot less hassle. But that crackle paint finish and the sheer volume of air that the 480 tank holds is nice ;)