shooting glasses used by tamas and uptagraft

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

rajesh

shooting glasses used by tamas and uptagraft

Post by rajesh »

can someone let me know where i can find the glasses worn by tom tamas and eric uptagraft...
what is special about them and are they of any advantage and where can i get them
thanks
Eric U

Junkers glasses

Post by Eric U »

Believe it or not, the Junkers shooting glasses are still being made in Switzerland. As far as I know, my uncle, Al Ewing is the only one who has imported these glasses in the last 20 years. He hasn't imported any lately, as there is very little demand. I don't know if he has any in stock. Try his website at www.scopestands.com to get his contact info if you'd like.

The advantages: they don't get out of adjustment. They are adjusted by heat and pliers, and then they just stay there. This is a big advantage in high power rifle where I started using them. These glasses only really work for fairly slight vision corrections. When you get into more severe optics in your glasses, you probably need something more adjustable so you can get the lens exactly centered on your eye...at least for three position or cross-the-course high power. If you shoot only one position, like air or prone, you could still use these frames even with a heavy prescription.

Hope this helps,
Eric U
redial

Try Bob Jones

Post by redial »

I just got a very similar pair from him for a bit more than $100. They're available right or left skewed, in tints, prescriptions, etc.

bjonessights.com, I think

The Junkers are available from a gent in TX whose name escapes me.

Mark
Hip's Ax

Post by Hip's Ax »