Hammerli SP20 trigger adjustment

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Earlyriser

Hammerli SP20 trigger adjustment

Post by Earlyriser »

Can anyone tell me which screw(s) increase or decrease hammer/sear engagement? Can the engagement be adjusted and still maintain a decent two stage pull? I am trying to eliminate sporadic multiple discharges.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Earlyriser

Post by Earlyriser »

Thanks Spenser.

The Pilkguns SP20 is excellent but suffers from copying the origianl Hammerli diagram which is poorly drawn. It is impossible for me to identify the function of all parts shown and in particular, impossibe to tell if screws affecting slack force and slack weight merely apply spring pressure or change the physical relationship between hammer and sear and also what appears to be some sort of sub-sear.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Huh? Sub-sear? Physical relationship? Sear engagement is #35, 2nd stage weight is #34, 1stage weight is #8, 1st stage travel is #15, 1stage pickup is #7. Where is the potential problem? IMHO, there is no other trigger on the market which can be adjusted so easily and which shows so clearly what-happens-when... If the only thing you have are sporadic doubles, I'd adjust #35 by a small amount, and that's it... or did you try something else?
Earlyriser

Post by Earlyriser »

Thanks Tycho. Your information is exactly what I was looking for.
For an excellent example of technical drawing and description see Gwhite's posting on Aug31,'08 regarding Pardini SP trigger.