The Doctor says....

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

The Doctor says....

Post by Rover »

Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson

Seems to me this attitude might work for this game, too.
tkinva

Re: The Doctor says....

Post by tkinva »

Rover wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:52 pm Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson

Seems to me this attitude might work for this game, too.

" When photography gets so technical as to intimidate people, the element of simple enjoyment is bound to suffer."

- Hunter S. Thompson

This applies as well.
"It's better to have a catatonk atlatl than a catatonic axolotl."
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

With all due respect, some older folks need help to “see.” Now if you said “Don’t expect all that fancy gear to replace hard work, focus and dedication” I’d be right there with ya.

Don’t see many 1903s in Olympics though
Rover

Post by Rover »

What I am saying, and what I think the quote is saying, is that you can't buy points.
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

Tell that to those who bought all the equipment and have traveled the Country chasing Leg Points for their D.R. badge. Last I heard the average is about $2,000 a point.
william

Post by william »

rgibson wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:05 pm Tell that to those who bought all the equipment and have traveled the Country chasing Leg Points for their D.R. badge. Last I heard the average is about $2,000 a point.
Wouldn't it be cheaper to bribe a match official?
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

Naw, why ruin a good opportunity for some hand-wringing, teeth-gnashing and a “wait til next time!” Oh yeah, and one of my other favorite quotes; “some folks have more money than sense.”
Myself included in that last thing.