2020 Firecracker 4800

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

NMC_EXP

2020 Firecracker 4800

Post by NMC_EXP »

The 2020 Lones Wigger Firecracker 4800 ended Sunday. Attendance was down at 31. I'm grateful to the Whittington Center for allowing the tournament to happen in spite of the NM governors fear mongering.

Picture of the line with Master and Expert sling shooters. Marksmen, Sharpshooter and F-class were on relay 2.

Many thanks to Virginia MacLemore as match director for making this happen despite the roadblocks.

A photo of my wife in the red/white/blue hat. Her shoulder gave out and she had to go F-class. With a Remington 40X and factory standard barrel she routinely shoots 5 round, 50 yard groups that look like a single .30 cal. hole.

Last year her first card was a 200-18X. After seeing her target and being told she was shooting a U.S. Property marked 40X Ron Wigger came up to me and asked "What is she shooting". I told him and he said "It would be great if someone took that rifle to the World Cup and kicked butt with it."
1845greyhounds

Re: 2020 Firecracker 4800

Post by 1845greyhounds »

Do you know if the scores are posted? That's my Dad shooting 1 to the right from your wife.
NMC_EXP

Re: 2020 Firecracker 4800

Post by NMC_EXP »

If you refer to Ron then it is a small world. In scope class he took 1st place and beat me by 8 points as I recall. He is a good shot and fun to talk to.

Virginia MacLemore did not mention posting the scores online. Instead she would email the bulletin to competitors.

Jim