HS Victor

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

dek

HS Victor

Post by dek »

I have a HS Victor with a grip plate mount for my red dot. I'm having trouble getting good purchase on the slide to retract it once the hammer's fallen. Is there a device that can be attached to the rear of the slide, similar to the bolt retracting handle on an AR-15, which will give more purchase? Thanks, Dennis
podunckshooter

Re: HS Victor

Post by podunckshooter »

What method are you using to grip the slide? Are you merely gripping it with your index finger and thumb from the rear of the pistol? if so, use the over hand method and it will work much easier. I have 2 Victors, and cannot open them with the thumb and index on a failed to fire. Also, you need to make sure that there isn't a firing pin ding next to the chamber, which will make spent brass harder to get out.

Phil,
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

dek wrote:I have a HS Victor with a grip plate mount for my red dot. I'm having trouble getting good purchase on the slide to retract it once the hammer's fallen. Is there a device that can be attached to the rear of the slide, similar to the bolt retracting handle on an AR-15, which will give more purchase? Thanks, Dennis

If your grip mount is interfering with your ability to rack the slide, you should consider mounting your red dot on the barrel shroud. Either by adding a rail, or by having your shroud drilled and tapped.

If you try and add a commercial slide racker to a 22, it will probably add enough weight to keep the gun from cycling reliably.
jackh

Post by jackh »

Have a piece of Weaver rail fit to the barrel like done here on an LSP barrel

dek

Post by dek »

I can get a scope mount which replaces the iron sights. I wanted to have both irons and red dot but such is not to be. And you're right about disturbing the balance of the slide and probably inducing cycling problems with an attachment to the slide. Thanks for the information and suggestions. Dennis