Help!!! Feinwerkbau AW93 Left hand grip.

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

243lapua

Help!!! Feinwerkbau AW93 Left hand grip.

Post by 243lapua »

Ok. Here is my issue.

I have a FWB AW93 with a right hand grip at this moment. Serial number 28**. I ordered a left hand grip for it, because I shoot left handed. After I receive the new left hand grip today i realized that the grip does not fit due to the screw hole spacing on the grips are not on the same level. One is higher than the other. And its opposite on the new grip. Was I supposed to order the early version grip or the newer model grip version. Any help is appreciated. I thouth it was just a quick switch of the grips, but the screws are placed diffrently. Thanks Vic.
VICTOR
Isabel1130

Re: Help!!! Feinwerkbau AW93 Left hand grip.

Post by Isabel1130 »

243lapua wrote:Ok. Here is my issue.

I have a FWB AW93 with a right hand grip at this moment. Serial number 28**. I ordered a left hand grip for it, because I shoot left handed. After I receive the new left hand grip today i realized that the grip does not fit due to the screw hole spacing on the grips are not on the same level. One is higher than the other. And its opposite on the new grip. Was I supposed to order the early version grip or the newer model grip version. Any help is appreciated. I thouth it was just a quick switch of the grips, but the screws are placed diffrently. Thanks Vic.

The company you ordered the grip from should have been knowledgeable enough to ask about your AW. My understanding is that there have been several changes since the earlier models, and the placement of the grip screws could have been one of them.

I have one of the later models and also have a left handed grip on my gun. I have a right handed grip that is from about fifteen years ago, and it also fits my gun, so I suspect that you either do not have an AW-93 grip ( and a mistake was made) or the change in the grip screws happened very early in production and so very few guns are affected.

Who is the grip manufacturer if I could ask? And is there any permanent mark on it, indicating that it is actually an AW-93 grip?

A lot of people think the Baikal IZH35M is actually the same gun ( it isn't) and there is always the possibility that someone sold you a grip that looks similar, but actually isn't an AW 93 grip.

If you would like, I can take a picture of my AW with the left handed grip on, so you can see if it is your gun, or the grip you received that is the problem.
243lapua

Post by 243lapua »

What I recieved was a Rink grip. It has stamped on the side AW93a, LLB7d. Its a really nice grip. I will just call from whom i ordered it from. Hopefully I can do a switch of grips. And maybe the screw placement was a change they did to it.
VICTOR
243lapua

Post by 243lapua »

Isabel1130. Can you send me a picture. To my email. Its vjoelr@hotmail.com. thank you.
VICTOR
243lapua

Post by 243lapua »

Yep. I got sent the wrong grip. Business did take note of the guns info. I was just never asked what serial number range. Feinwerkbau's slide lever release is different after 3407 that why the grips would fit kind of rough. And also I noticed that the 3408 and newer Feinwerkbau's have 2 machined threads on both sides of the frame for a total of 4 machined threads for the grips, therefore you can accommodate left and right hand grip with no problem. Mine is below 3407 so the slide release is actually a lever that extends just in front of the grip not ontop like the newer ones and also my frame only has 2 machined threads for the grip screws... oh well. Hopefully I can get them changed out.
VICTOR