Anyone Shooting a Chambers Custom?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Cundiff5535

Anyone Shooting a Chambers Custom?

Post by Cundiff5535 »

I see Joe is now releasing his .22 conversions. Here is what I have heard on the steel coversions...
Steel scope mount for use with a microstyle dot. (Red dot not included)
Scope mount stippled and/or pattern cut
Match grade stainless steel barrel. Threaded ½ x 28 at muzzle, includes thread protector. Non-threaded available for states where prohibited.
Standard finish is polished flats and matte rounds.
Four magazines
Ransom rest tested at 50 yards.
Slide locks back with last shot
Sub ¾ inch, 5 shot groups at 50 yards
Includes recoil spring kit

Anyone that has shot Joes 1911's know that he is the ultimate in accuracy. Just curious if any of you all picked one up as of yet... Let me know! I know Joe had his hands in nearly all the Marvel conversions as he worked with Bob for many years...
Isabel1130

Re: Anyone Shooting a Chambers Custom?

Post by Isabel1130 »

http://tonybrong.blogspot.com/2014/08/c ... -unit.html

Tony Brong has a nice review on his blog.
Hamdenman

Post by Hamdenman »

I was fortunate enough to handle the pistol Tony wrote about while I was at Perry this summer. First off, it was the best looking 1911 I had ever seen. The finish was amazing. The weight was very close to a "real" 1911, and of course it had a great trigger. The slide felt smoother than my Rock River wadgun. A friend has known Joe for a long time and that was how I fell into this situation. Joe and his wife are good people and treated me as if they had known me forever. I will own one someday, but as it is the Bugatti of conversions, it may take a bit to save up for it!
Rob
Ttgoods

Post by Ttgoods »

Joe Chambers on his Conversions " A sampling of the targets shot yesterday at 50 YARDS from the new .22 conversions. 16 barrels were shot. The smallest "keeper" group was .344" and the largest "keeper" was .762" for five shot groups (one keeper target per barrel)...not bad for cold conditions. I'll be retesting a couple of barrels soon just to see how other ammo performs. So far we have shot Eley 10x, Eley Target, Eley Match, SK Pistol Match, and of course GemTech. Many of the barrels have several targets with them as pictured. Spread the word, these may well be the most consistently accurate .22 conversions in the world..."
Cundiff5535

Post by Cundiff5535 »

I am one of Joes clients and consider Joe a friend! I was merely asking if anyone here had used one of these due to the nature of his handguns. I am sure his conversion knocks it out of the park:) basically if he is claiming something, I would no doubt believe it!