pardini recoil weights?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

dimce

pardini recoil weights?

Post by dimce »

I wanted to ask if anyone shooting the padroni sp rapid-fire pistol have ever placed the tungsten weights in differing combinations? for example placing weights then springs, alternating with springs then the weights or would it just be messing with perfection????
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

I would imagine that they have already done that and put them in the best place. The whole gun is pretty sophisticated so I doubt this would have gotten past them.
FredB

weights

Post by FredB »

Of course these are meant to be user-adjusted! I hoped someone from Pardini USA would answer first, but I'll give it a try. It's very simple physics: if the spring is in front of the weight (i.e. towards the muzzle), the weight will tend to spread the recoil out over a longer time than otherwise. Within a certain range, the softer the spring, the more spread out the recoil. If the weight is in front of the spring, then it affects the recoil only as any other barrel weight would. Just imagine what happens when the gun recoils backwards, and you can visualize what I'm talking about.

As far as what you might want to do, you could vary the number of weights, and vary the spring positioning fore and aft, but I'd suggest not getting involved with different after-market springs, as that is where Pardini probably optimized the system.

HTH,
FredB
dimce

Post by dimce »

Thank you for the replies gents I wondered if anyone had a set configuration of say spring to the muzzle for bottom 4 and spring to breech for the top 2,just thought I'd put it out there to see if anyone had tried and how it affected recoil!...Dimce
NDbullseye

Post by NDbullseye »

I set my Pardini SP bullseye model up as follows: all weights in, top 4 weights the springs are against the cover plate you take off to see weights, and the the bottom two have the weights against the cover plate.

This setup seemed to help with noticed recoil over haveing all 6 with the springs against the cover/retainer plate.

My advice is try all types of configureations and shoot them and feel the difference and go with the setup you like best. That was my method.
dimce

Post by dimce »

Thanks for your input ND this was the feedback I was looking for,I'll go ahead and try some differing combo's....Dimce
38HBWC

SP 22 weights

Post by 38HBWC »

I have faith that the Pardini folks appreciate Newton's Laws. I am not messing with Mother Nature.
However, the muzzle brake from Shooter's Box is a must buy and install add-on! The recoil, though low in the first pace is reduced even more with the brake installed. Try one. (they are a bear to clean, however)
Brian G

Re: SP 22 weights

Post by Brian G »

38HBWC wrote: However, the muzzle brake from Shooter's Box is a must buy and install add-on! The recoil, though low in the first pace is reduced even more with the brake installed. Try one. (they are a bear to clean, however)
OK for bullseye, but not ISSF (8.12).