Asking for Ruger Mark III grip recommendations

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Sa-tevo

Asking for Ruger Mark III grip recommendations

Post by Sa-tevo »

I was was practicing with my Ruger Mark III Target today and started wondering if there was something better than the squishy Hogue Wraparound Rubber grip I am currently using. I have a large standard Rink grip on a Baikal MP-46M that is fantastic but am asking the group if there are better grips in the spectrum between stock plastic and high end German walnut. Any recommendations? Pros and cons?

Is stippled walnut addictive?
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

mparker

Post by mparker »

I like these from Volquartsen for Mark II or III

https://www.volquartsen.com/products/30 ... p-for-mkii
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

Thanks for the replies. The Vitarbo is appealing due to being offered in different sizes. Is the Volquartsen Volthane material firm? A positive for the Herrett and the Volquartsen is access to the backstrap to disassemble and clean the pistol without needing to remove the grips. The price on the Volquartsen Volthane grip is reasonable too.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

The herrits at 60 bucks are a great upgrade, i have them on my mkll
mparker

Post by mparker »

Sa-tevo wrote:Thanks for the replies. The Vitarbo is appealing due to being offered in different sizes. Is the Volquartsen Volthane material firm? A positive for the Herrett and the Volquartsen is access to the backstrap to disassemble and clean the pistol without needing to remove the grips. The price on the Volquartsen Volthane grip is reasonable too.
The feel of the Volthane is unique but similar to hard rubber. To be fair, I need to put several hundred rounds through any (combination) of the three pistols (2 Volquartsens and an Oregon Precision Arms) I have that use these grips before I could say I am fully committed to them. So far I'm impressed.
jackh

Post by jackh »

The size and shape of my hand likes the Ruger grip set with the plain checkered plastic panel on the right (I am right handed) and the thumbrest wood laminate on the left. Factory panels both. Add grip tape strip on the front and back. Yes tape over the takedown. If you take it apart, just cut a new piece.
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

I placed an order for the Herretts. The price was good and I like the adjustable palm shelf, which in some pictures looks concave instead of flat. Did I mention walnut?

This forum is a great resource for beginners, and I wish I knew about it and precision shooting before I made any purchases starting out two years ago. I would definitely have passed on buying a new Ruger and looked for something better. I feel like I'm trying to turn a pickup truck into a racecar.

The Herretts may just be another step along the way, so if there are more suggestions, please feel free to give them.
Yiogo

Grips

Post by Yiogo »

I looked into upgrading the grips for my Mark III Target but did not. I did buy the Ruger grips with the thumb rest and was happy with those. I recently added 3/8" strips of tape around the bottom to make a pinky rest...small enough so as not to interfere with the main spring housing. If you buy grips check see which ones require mag release updates. Yiogo
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

I received these Herretts today:

http://www.bullseyegear.com/bullseyepis ... t=9&page=1

Dimensionally very good. I'm very happy with the product for the price. The stain could be darker (mine are lighter than the picture), but the finish is smooth, the holes are crisp and it feels good to my hand. I might stipple and stain it in the future.

Now to dry-fire a bunch and go practice.

Thanks all.