Cleaning a Pardini SP

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

22shooter

Cleaning a Pardini SP

Post by 22shooter »

I am cleaning my Pardini SP for the very first time...any advice that anyone can offer? How often should it be cleaned? Thanks for any information.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

Cleaning Pardini is easier because of the easy take-down. Once apart just carefully separate the barrel bolt and spring and plunger. Use any cleaner to get rid of any powder residue and polish the parts and cover with a light coat of lubricant for reassembly. Barrel cleaning can be done with a rod and patches or with a bore snake. Then look for any powder residue inside the main casting and clean. Run a run a magazine brush through the mag well, look it over and clean up any further residue and a light coat of lube and reassemble. Nothing is simpler than cleaning and field stripping a Pardini, nothing further should be necessary. If you have an air compressor, you can blow out the rest of the gun---no lube anywhere near the main guts of the gun. "Doc"
22shooter

Post by 22shooter »

Thank you for all your great information! It will be very helpful when my husband and I go to take the gun apart for cleaning. Much appreciated! By the way, if you live in Connecticut, any pistol where the magazine loads in front of the grip is now an "assault weapon" and must be registered. Furthermore, sales of these types of pistols are now banned. Too bad for my husband!
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

Connecticut is a slow state and governor---New York with our ambitious Governor (idiot) beat you to it----nyeh, nyeh, nyeh !!!!! "Doc"
xeye

Re: Cleaning a Pardini SP

Post by xeye »

22shooter wrote:I am cleaning my Pardini SP for the very first time...any advice that anyone can offer? How often should it be cleaned? Thanks for any information.
I brush the chamber with a .25 cal bronze brush only as deep at the cartridge case to loosen crud. then wrap a clean patch on a nylon brush and clean up that loose crud. Then I take small patch and just drive it through with a 6 inch wooden q tip first with cleaner then with dry, then oil...as many times each as needed. I never have found the need to be more aggressive with the barrel.

I recently picked up a plastic "dental pick" at a guns show that I like to clean the area under the extractor and around the firing pin.

how often depends on the ammo. But if you shoot a lot, around every 1K rounds seems fine for mine. I will clean it if I start to have failures to extract the fired brass. That usually coincides with crud in the chamber or under the extractor.

Inbetween cleans, I *might* see the need to lock the slide back and clean the part of the barrel I can see and reapply some oil.

I run mine kind of oily; friends have told me they like to run theirs dry.

My first firing pin lasted 30K rounds just fyi.