Reloading for the Pardini .32 ACP

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Orpanaut

Reloading for the Pardini .32 ACP

Post by Orpanaut »

Now that Pardini's 32 ACP version of the HP has been available for a little while, someone out there must have some experience reloading for it. Since this is largely unexplored territory, I'm curious about how things are going.

1) Is it hard to keep track of those itty-bitty cases once they've ejected? Does a brass catcher get 99% of them?

2) What does the Pardini seem to prefer in terms of bullet weight and diameter?

3) Can a progressive reloading press throw those tiny powder charges consistently enough for target ammo?

4) How hard is it to find a decent load for the long line? Does Pardini USA provide any suggestions?
fc60

32 ACP Data

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

Contact Vladimir at Pardini USA. He should have the information you seek.

phone: 1.813.748 3378

Cheers,

Dave
Orpanaut

Post by Orpanaut »

I called Pardini USA today and spoke with a fellow who had what sounded to me like a Russian accent. I don't know if it was Vladimir or not.

Anyway, I learned the following:

1) The new Bullseye models use the same frame, so a .22 can be converted to an .32 or vice versa.

2) The advantage of the .32 ACP chambering over the .32 S&W Long is that the ACP pistol was designed for Bullseye competition at 50 yards. It should be able to shoot X-ring groups at the long line with the stock barrel.

3) Hornady makes factory ammo that's suitable for the .32 ACP Pardini. I assume this means the 60 grain XTP load since that's all they're making now.

4) Pardini USA didn't have any suggestiions for handloading.

5) There is a waiting list to get one of the new .32 ACP pistols but it's only a few weeks long.
bullseyeny

Post by bullseyeny »

Used the win231 load out of Lyman book today w 75 gr lead. Little over an inch at fifty yds resting on a bag.
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

I wonder if much would be required to change the 32 acp to 32 long if it didn't work out as desired. I would imagine the bolt would have to be changed.
Orpanaut

Post by Orpanaut »

bullseyeny wrote:Used the win231 load out of Lyman book today w 75 gr lead. Little over an inch at fifty yds resting on a bag.
That's impressive. Were those cast bullets? What was the diameter?