Beretta Neos

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

xeye

Beretta Neos

Post by xeye »

One of our Newbies has a Beretta noes.
It jams a lot using CCI SV.
It extracts the spent round but the next round jams up against the breech face at an angle.
Can anyone point to a place where he can find info on this problem?

TIA
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

I would try some different ammo first but if that doesn't work either and you get no other advice,and you have tried only one magazine, I would bend the front lips of the magazine in about .005 inch and try again.
xpierrat

neos jamming...

Post by xpierrat »

I too have a neos.... check the CCI ammo for wax... I had a 100 round box that was just filthy with wax gobbed on the bullet heads.... and would cause frequent jams... wiping the wax off before loading the magazines cured the problem....like that little gun just wish something could be done to the trigger
PFribley

Neos

Post by PFribley »

There is a lot that can be done with the trigger. It takes a little work. but you can get a nice trigger. Start out by going to the Beretta section of rim fire central. Search for neos trigger jobs. You may have to go back a ways. A fellow called hexadismal trigger job works well on the pre recall fireing pins. The post recall fireing pins look up snipes solution. I have none all the stuff to my neos and it has a nice 3lb roll trigger.
xpierrat

Re: Neos

Post by xpierrat »

PFribley wrote:There is a lot that can be done with the trigger. It takes a little work. but you can get a nice trigger. Start out by going to the Beretta section of rim fire central. Search for neos trigger jobs. You may have to go back a ways. A fellow called hexadismal trigger job works well on the pre recall fireing pins. The post recall fireing pins look up snipes solution. I have none all the stuff to my neos and it has a nice 3lb roll trigger.
Thanks for the tip on trigger info....I was surprised when the LGS smithy said "nothing " could be done. Now what excuse can I come up with for those flyers......
PFribley

Neos

Post by PFribley »

Thats what they say when they don't want to work on it. I also purchased the carbine kit. It is a very useful addition for your neos. I liked it so much I went out and purchased another neos to bone out to use it all the time. Getting the screw out that holds the fireing pin guide down can be a chore.It is loctited from the factory. They didn't want it comming loose. I went to wal mart and purchased a cheap slot screw driver and grounded down to fit. Good luck on your trigger job. Snipe is a gunsmith and he will do the whole thing for you. In case your interested.
xpierrat

Post by xpierrat »

I did a pre job survey today and lo and behold beretta must not be happy with owners changing things.... the locktic screw on my model ( purchased in November if I recall ) is not slotted but is a torex and is very small maybe a size 5 smallest I have is a size 10 so I will have to do some looking....thanks again for the info

Rick
xpierrat

Post by xpierrat »

Update... the factory screw has been changed to a #8 torx..... I hit the screw pretty hard with a small tip soldering iron to break the expected loc-tite...the used the correct torex and.... yep it striped out with out much pressure.....drilled out the head to get everything apart but still could not get the left over screw out....now it is at the local gun smith....not too happy with Beretta right now... they should have left it a slot screw....
PFribley

neos.

Post by PFribley »

Don't fell like the lone ranger. The slot screw had a very shallow slot to it and it also stripped very easily. I know from experience. LOL. You used to be able to get a replacement on Brownells. They have the neos parts.Hope your smith gets it out!!!! The rest of the trigger job is easy. Polishing eveything and the mini bic spring. Since yours has the later fireing pin you will have to do what snipe does. I used .025 stainless on my fireing pin. Only because the local hardware had a small strip. Good luck