Only want to say Hallo ;-)

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Haemmerli208s

Only want to say Hallo ;-)

Post by Haemmerli208s »

Hi Folks,
I only want to say Hallo from Germany and to show you my new gun (NOS with accessories) ;-).
At the moment I am thinking of installing a mount and a reddot but still do not know exactly what.
Keep in touch
uwe from Germany
Attachments
haemmerlirf.jpg
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

Uwe
I do not know what mount you should use, may depend on the sight.
As to red dots, it depends on the type of shooting you want to do.
If it is tactical, one of the high end holograph sights, ultradot makes a nice one.
If it is bullseye majority in the US use Ultradot tube sights.
Some of the top shooters like Brian Zinns use the Aimpoint Micro.
My advise is to visit the different clubs that shoot the style match you want to compete in, and see what they use. Maybe they will let you hold the different guns to see what sight is comfortable for you.
Dot size makes a big difference to many people.
Hope this helps.
Haemmerli208s

Post by Haemmerli208s »

Hi Folks,
bought an Aimpoint H1 2 MOA. Hope it was a good decision. Need it for 25 Meters competition (appr. 29yards). Will tell you how it works ;-)
uwe
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

Good decision,
What type match, is it at 25 meters?
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

Look at this post, here in the Bullseye forum, I think you will find it interesting. It's near the bottom of this page.

"What red dot did Zins use at Perry"
Haemmerli208s

Post by Haemmerli208s »

Competition is splitted depending from Shooting Association someone belongs. In the DSB (biggest SA in Germany) you shoot rimfire only with one hand, in BDS you are allowed to use both or only one hand. I want to use the BDS Discipline so removed the one hand grip and bought the Nill both hand grip for the 208s.
You shoot 2 x 5 rounds within 2 x 5 minutes. 2 x 5 rounds when the target is only for 3 sec visible and 2 x 5 rounds within 20 sec and 2 x 5 rounds within 10 sec. 40 rounds are the total. 400 is the maximum. Standard is always (DSB and BDS) 25 meters distance. Free Pistol is diffenrent. 50 meters. 60 rounds. Only at the DSB. Very difficult.
You can choose a handgun rimfire with open sight or with scope/reddot. Both are own disciplines. Many have Rugers 22lr with a reddot. Haemmerli 208 etc. are not in strong demand because many shooters belong to DSB and then they use one hand GSP, SSP, SP 20, 280, AW 93 which are better for one hand shooting. The 208 etc. seems only to be interested for both hand shooting and they are very cheap to buy here in comparison to the price they cost 20 years ago.
uwe
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

Thanks for the write up on your shooting,
I didn't know that Europeans use red dots, I thought all the shooting was either ISU or tactical.
Haemmerli208s

Post by Haemmerli208s »

I guess most shooeters prefer in Germany disciplines with Olympic connections like airpistol/airrifle 10 meters. I used to shoot AP for years with an older Steyr LP1 (Co2). Unfortunately less and less people shooting Free Pistol so Haemmerli and Steyr gave up production of their nice Free Pistols 160/162 and FP1 and also I gave up shooting Free Pistol because I was often alone on the 50 meters Range.
Scope or RedDot is possible with the BDS but also open sights. Some use both categorie with two guns. One has a reddot, one has open sight ;-).
uwe
jakesddfj

Post by jakesddfj »

At the moment I am thinking of installing a mount and a reddot but still do not know exactly what.
Keep in touch

-----------------------------------------
wow gold|diablo 3 gold
Chris

Post by Chris »

I like being alone on the range shooting FP when it is quiet early in the AM. It is very peaceful. At my range I am the only one you see with a Toz.
Haemmerli208s

Post by Haemmerli208s »

At last At last my mount has arrived. I bought it from BME and it fits (after few touches with a needle file) perfect. Thank you John.
uwe from Germany
First I have prefered a larger mount from Larry but unfortunately I am at the moment a little weak of Money (probably the Micro H1 was so expensive) so I go with the mount from BME which replaces the original rear sight instead of the mount which must be installed under the barrel.
Attachments
208aimpoint.jpg