advantage arms vs marvel 1911 conversion kit

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

lowbid50

advantage arms vs marvel 1911 conversion kit

Post by lowbid50 »

Just wanted to ask a question to those who might know. I want to get a 22lr conversion for my 1911 and I know the marvel shoots good but what about the advantage? Does anyone have ransom rest groups out of the advantage?
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Most conversion units come with a test target. Your best bet would be to contact the maker(s) you are considering, and ask them what kind of group size they guarantee, and what ammo they use in their tests. Also, in their experience what ammo works best in their conversion unit. Anyone who is the least bit cagy about any of this info, does not deserve your business.
jackh

Post by jackh »

I have Ransom rested the early Marvel Precision that has .4xx test. Could not duplicate that group. Entire test with several ammos went as typical for 22 target guns. Eley ammo about 1", sometimes near .75", but not the norm. Eley Sport (purple box) and other semi premium ammo about 1-1.5". Cheaper ammo like Aguila 1.5 and bigger.

Same testing process of Advantage Arms gave the same results. (this AA testing was typical except for Greentag that opened up to 4-5 inches)

So I suggest choosing a 22 conversion for how it works and factory backup. Right now I prefer the AA in all ways except I do not completely trust those little stop inserts. AA has backed them up though.
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

My 2 cents.
I have a Marvel and have not heard any negative input as to accuracy.
Mine is old and a tack driver.
I know many have had extraction problems, mag, ammo, frame fit and feeding problems, but in the end most have resolved the problems.

I do not know anything about the AA, and was considering one for a backup.
Anyone know the Nighthawk.

Maybe someone can chime in on the AA unit, or the Nighthawk Unit.