What's the preferred red dot for NRA Bullseye these days?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Erud

What's the preferred red dot for NRA Bullseye these days?

Post by Erud »

For slide mounting to a 1911. I know the C-More(Railway, I think?) has been pretty popular - how about the newer generation of super-tiny dot sights - Docter, Burris Fastfire, C-More Xts, etc? Just got a good deal on a RRA wadcutter pistol and am testing the water, as they say. Any info appreciated!

Thanks,
Erik
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Most think the Ultradot matchdot is the best and most economical solution. They seem to stand up well under the pounding that a slide mounted dot takes. If you want to go higher end the next choice would be a Aimpoint Comp 4. If you want really light weight then the Aimpoint micro.
Erud

Post by Erud »

Thanks for the reply, Issabel. Sorry I didn't reply quicker, I haven't been able to log on for some reason for a few days - I hate when people get their questions answered and then just disappear without acknowledging the answers!

At any rate, I ended up ordering an Aimpoint Micro R-1. They are the same as the H-1 but in silver finish. Aimpoint discontinued this model and there are some pretty good deals on them on the net. I found someone selling them on ebay for $339($200 + cheaper than an H-1) so I bit the bullet. I've had some of their full-size sights and have been very impressed with their quality, so I am hoping for similar out of this one. I think the size and weight should be good for pistol mounting.

Thanks,
Erik
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Erik, I hope it works well for you. Because of the short tube, to me the dot appears to bounce more but as long as it does not cause you to freeze on the trigger, you should be fine.
You may get to the point where you like the weight of a full size scope on your 45: It helps with recoil in rapid fire.