Arredondo Powder Drop Slide with Micrometer

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

John J

Arredondo Powder Drop Slide with Micrometer

Post by John J »

I would like to know what you think of it...is it worth the money?

I would be useing it to load 32 S&W Long.

Thanks

John J
PFribley

Powder drop

Post by PFribley »

I have one of the Lee precision powder drops and it works great for my 32 drops. I drop anywhere from 1.1 to 1.7 of n310. It is precise and repeatable. For $24 and being a piece of plastic from Midway its amazing.
sobakavitch

Post by sobakavitch »

. . . .
Last edited by sobakavitch on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John J

Post by John J »

Thank you very much for your reply.

I'v just picked up a Pardini in 32 and im looking for usefull infomation on loading for it and im finding lots of it here.

I have a Dillon 450 with upgrades and i got there xtra small powder bar to use...and it shouldnt be called xtra small....i bushed the screw hole and drilled it out and taped it 4/40..then turned down the adjusting screw and died it to 4/40...it kinda works but the channell is still way to wide to be precise

I know i'm going to have a lot of load development ahead of me.

I just didnt want to go spending lots of money for something that wasen't worth it...when the money could be spent on something else

what are you useing to size the 314 to 312?

And thank you for the load infomation as it will give me some place to start with.

feel free to pm me if you like

thanks

John J
fc60

Pardini Barrel and Bullets

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

I think you will find your Pardini barrel has a groove diameter of 0.313" to 0.314". Before buying any bullets, drive a soft Lead slug through the barrel and measure it at the widest point.

With the factory barrel you will get reasonable results using a 0.314" HBWC (100 grain H&N or 98 grain Speer) with either 1.4 grains of VV N310 or 1.6 grains of Winchester WST.

Try to use either Lapua or R-P brass. They are well suited for full wadcutter bullets. W-W, Federal, and Starline tend to have thicker walls at the midsection of the brass and tend to bulge in the middle when you run the expander plug into them.

Cheers,

Dave Wilson
sobakavitch

Post by sobakavitch »

. . . .
Last edited by sobakavitch on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John J

Post by John J »

Thank you Mr Wilson for your fine imput...i look forward to reading and learning more from you.

I did slug the bore and it maesured just under .311

this is a used pistol so now you have me wondering if it has been rebarreled

Thank you also Mr Sobakavitch for your help and i look foward to learning more from you also.

the next time im down in Maine i will stop by larry's...my inlaws live about 45 minutes away from him.

Thanks again guys i know you 2 will be a wealth of knowledge in my quest and I am takeing notes.

John J