Pardini HP problem

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

PaulF

Pardini HP problem

Post by PaulF »

The Pardini pistols have a back shock absorber installed to, I believe, prevent the possibility of frame cracking. It is a green plastic piece with a "D" shaped head and a stud out the back to hold it in place. The stud is a press fit into a hole in the rear of the frame. In my HP, the bushing rotates over time and the flat on the "D" head pushes a spring out of its normal position. I believe this is what is causing occasional light firing pin hit and mis fires. I have asked Larry Carter if the shock absorber is supposed to be glued in place, and he assures me it is held in place by friction only. I can't imagine where the force is coming from to make the bushing want to rotate, as my SP doesn't have the problem. Anyone have this problem or any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
Rover

Post by Rover »

It may be the torque caused by the rifling when fired.

Why not put a dab of glue on it.
ghillieman

Pardini HP shock buffer

Post by ghillieman »

Sounds like you have a worn out shock buffer. I highly suggest buying a couple spares and installing a new one before it breaks apart and falls into your trigger mech. Ask me how I know;)
ghillieman

Pardini HP shock buffer

Post by ghillieman »

Sounds like you have a worn out shock buffer. I highly suggest buying a couple spares and installing a new one before it breaks apart and falls into your trigger mech. Ask me how I know;)
PFribley

Pardidi HP

Post by PFribley »

You can take it apart and shine a flashlight inside and see if the buffer is intact???