Bushnell Red Dot - Any comments?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

RedstaR

Bushnell Red Dot - Any comments?

Post by RedstaR »

What is the general consensus on this red dot scope? Bushnell 730132A.

http://www.bushnell.com/products/scopes ... t/730132A/

There are a few reviews on this scope but no one is using it for bullseye shooting. I wanted to get opinions on this specific application because I am really new to the sport. I shoot in a league with a S&W 22a, one handed at 25 yards and 50 yards. Right now the red dot I have is cheap and no name, this Bushnell is in my price range, and my company can get good discounts on Bushnell stuff (thats why I am choosing Bushnell).

Is this a good scope for free hand .22 Pistol shooting? Is there something else in the Bushnell line I should take a look at? Any other suggestions or observations is appreciated.

thanks,
fast shooter

Post by fast shooter »

I like mine a lot, it's on my LP50 to practice for Bullseye competition. From what I understand it has one of the smallest dots. Haven't tried it on my .22 yet though.
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

If the one you have works, a better question is what improvement are you expecting?
waxman

Post by waxman »

I have two of Bushnell 730135, very similar to the one you referred to, except I have to turn mine off manually.
Both used for Bullseye.
One's on a S&W Model 41, and one on a Colt .45 National Match Gold Dot. One was returned to Bushnell under warranty for a "fuzzy dot" as I called it, and they promptly replaced it.
For the price, a very good RedDot.
John
hill987

sights

Post by hill987 »

Is there any reason your not using your iron sights? You know back in the day men would show up in suites and ties and shoot there pistols, it was the real sport, not like golf, and not like today where most shoot dots. A real prestigious sport of men, it use to be. But like everything else I guess those glory days are gone. You should learn the irons first good luck
waxman

Post by waxman »

Is there any reason your not using your iron sights?
I believe the OP was asking specifically about a particular brand of RedDot scopes, not the "best way" to learn shooting.

Post by Guest »

Greetings-

We have been pleased with the Bushnell line. We currently own three red dots, as shown below- (son, daughter, and myself)

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... ber=673097

Used for 50 foot bullseye shooting- 22lr.

Many of the shooters next to us on the line are using the same. 6moa sounded large initially. However, at 50 feet it just fits the bull on B-2 and B-3 targets.