New Here....

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

PA shooter

New Here....

Post by PA shooter »

...and new to "trying" to shoot Bullseye. It has been a very humbling experience so far. I am having a ball though! I hope to learn some things here.
PA Shooter
marvelshooter

Post by marvelshooter »

Welcome. Since you haven't asked for any advice I won't offer any other than watch, listen, go shoot and have fun!
PA shooter

Post by PA shooter »

I have been doing a lot of watching and listening. I think I need the most improvement with my rythm. I need to realize that 20 seconds is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.
PA shooter
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Pa shooter, for quite a while,( most of your shooting career), the main focus should be on the fundamentals. Good trigger control, recognizing how long your hold is good for, and getting the shot off smoothly and quickly. The rest is learning how to shoot matches, especially timed and rapid fire with the 45. My advice, shoot as many matches as possible even if you don't feel that you are good enough. About the time you have shot 40 matches or so you are so familiar with the format and what is going to happen, that you can actually start focusing on your shooting and what you are doing right, and what match nerves and stress does to your shot process. I also recommend finding a Zins clinic within driving distance as soon as possible as he can help you fix any technical errors quickly before they become a habit that has to be unlearned. Isabel
http://www.brianzins.com/
Last edited by Isabel1130 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

Where are you in PA?
Misny

Post by Misny »

One thing I'll add is that a lot of new shooters don't have a working knowledge of the rules. Get a rulebook and read it. Knowing the rules might save you some grief and embarrassment. Ask questions.