Benelli MP95 and MP90 Owner Questions

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

variable

Benelli MP95 and MP90 Owner Questions

Post by variable »

I recently purchased a used Benelli MP95e.

I absolutely love the gun and the accuracy. I have the MP90 trigger and have grips on order that will be here soon.

I am using this for primary Bullseye Shooting.

I have run into one issue though. After shooting 75-100 rounds through it, I notice the chamber is getting very dirty to the point where the incoming bullets will not go into the camber smoothly. This eventually will hang the slide up enough to stop the fired brass to eject.

After a quick cleaning then all is fine again.

Is this normal with this gun, due to the tight tolerances on the chamber sizing?

I am using CCI Standard for practice and use ELEY CLub in Matches.

Any info would be great!
fast shooter

Post by fast shooter »

I shoot a 90S and also use CCI std for practice. But I use RWS for matches. I have not had any fouling and sometimes go 500 plus rounds between cleaning.
Wingnut

mp95

Post by Wingnut »

Well if you bough it used have you taken it apart for a good cleaning. replace the buffer, I also used CCI SV. & RWS. I also ues a bore brush in the chamber after every 10 to 20 rounds. That just me. I shoot a 90 and I love it.
montster

Every 100 to 300 Rounds

Post by montster »

Then I have to use a bore brush. If I clean it very well then I get more shots before jams. If the cleaning wasn't top notch I might only get 100.

I bend a bore brush 90 degrees put a bit of kroil oil on it and work it in the chamber. Then I follow up with a patch wrapped around the bore brush with more kroil on it. Then I pull 2 or 3 dry patches through the barrel.

The residue looks closer to black not grey.

I have been shooting mostly wolf match but winchester target was the worst at needing cleaning, federal automatch target runs through it pretyt clean. CCi standard velocity is what I will try after my wolf match is gone.

Great pistol but the standard grip is a bit small for my hands.
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

I have the 90 and have experienced quick fouling using CCI SV. Take a close look at the CCI-SV lead bullet, all those small wax particulates end up all over the insides and eventully slows the cycling down considerable. Enough to cause alibis! Don't ask me how I know.

Forget the Aguila subsonics, way underpowerd to cycle the action. 10 of 10 Fail To Eject ... Hey, had to give it a try.

I've tried the RWS Target Rifle and had many stove pipe jams from 1 brick.

I practice with Federal Automatch, it eats them alive with zero issues, nice clean round reasonably tight consistency, and good value but to step it up a few notches for competition the Wolf MT or ME is the cats you know what!

I save my CCI SV for the Smith 41 (works great)

Hope this helps some. ...

Share future comments on how you make out
variable

Post by variable »

Wow! ALot of good info... Glad i dont seem to be alone in this.

I was wondering if it had something to do with the extra length of the CCI compared to the European Ammo. If you compare the Eley to the CCI.

Maybe im getting a bit of leading building up on the top of the camber wall, when the nose of the bullet rubs on it.
What do you think?

I have ordered and put in the Larry's Guns Buffer. The original had literally fallen apart after my first outing.

Also has a new firing pin and recoil spring.

I have had it appart and mad sure that everything was in good order.
variable

Post by variable »

Quote:
"I practice with Federal Automatch, it eats them alive with zero issues, nice clean round reasonably tight consistency, and good value but to step it up a few notches for competition the Wolf MT or ME is the cats you know what! "

Is the velocity of Federal Automatch ok to run in these guns?

Looks like its 1200 FPS.[/quote]
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

variable wrote:Quote:
"I practice with Federal Automatch, it eats them alive with zero issues, nice clean round reasonably tight consistency, and good value but to step it up a few notches for competition the Wolf MT or ME is the cats you know what! "

Is the velocity of Federal Automatch ok to run in these guns?

Looks like its 1200 FPS.
[/quote]

Don's see why not, it cycles flawlessly, haven't read anywhere problems associated with 1,200 fps ammo. I'm gonna shoot the snot out of mine using it. ... I just would stay away from the even higher velocity hunting type rounds like stingers and mini-mags etc.

Shoot it like you stole it!

Post by Guest »

I've shot the CCI Green Tag ammo in the MP-95 without noticing any problems. I've also shot it in the Pardini with somewhat better results as far as my accuracy is concerned, but that may be just me.

I wouldn't shoot HV in any of my higher dollar pistols, including the Walther. Confession: 22LR ammo drives me crazy. Some of it is dirty, which can cause jamming, so of it isn't powerful enough for the gun, which causes jamming, and some of it like Stingers can really put stress on a pistol.

I remember buying a Walter PPK/s in 22LR from Interarms. I couldn't get through a single magazine without a jam. I tried CCI Mini-mags and shot a full box without a failure. Then I was curious, and I shot a total of 400 rounds, all I had, without a failure.
variable

Post by variable »

Im going to give the automatch a go as soon as I can find someone with it in stock....... Its only 15 fps higher than the Eley im using now, but alot cheaper for practice. After shooting in a match on Tuesday I will defiantly stay with the Eley for that. Shooting 98's and 96's will always make me happy. Not on alibi using the Eley.
I do have a full case oc CCI standard almost that i will have my wife use up. It just seems to foul up the chamber too quick...

Can you have the camber polished or something to help with this?
Or is it best to leave it tight...
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

"Can you have the camber polished or something to help with this?
Or is it best to leave it tight"...[/quote]

I would pose that question to Larry Carter of Larry's Guns. He could advise wisely on that, .... I'm betting it can be done though.