Switching Brands of .22 Ammo Between SF, TF or RF

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Mass Shooter

Switching Brands of .22 Ammo Between SF, TF or RF

Post by Mass Shooter »

Does anyone use a strategy to shoot a particular brand of .22lr ammo for Slow-Fire and then switch to another brand for Timed & Rapid Fire strings? .... I'm mainly referring to indoor 50' .22 gallery match competition. .... I'd be curious to know.

Regards
visitor

Post by visitor »

Just what you need - one more thing to think about!!!
Fred Mannis

Re: Switching Brands of .22 Ammo Between SF, TF or RF

Post by Fred Mannis »

Mass Shooter wrote:Does anyone use a strategy to shoot a particular brand of .22lr ammo for Slow-Fire and then switch to another brand for Timed & Rapid Fire strings? .... I'm mainly referring to indoor 50' .22 gallery match competition. .... I'd be curious to know.
Some switch ammo for their 45 between long line and short line, but I can think of no reason to do this with a 22 at 50 ft. KISS is always best.
dlb

Post by dlb »

+1 on KISS

I think that what motivates most people who use different centerfire loads at 25 v 50yds is the reduced recoil. But this isn't such a significant factor w/ 22's. I doubt that you'd notice much difference unless you're currently using HV ammo.
Ken O

Post by Ken O »

I'm scratching my head on this one, I can't figure any reason to do it. Help me out, what are you thinking that it might help?
jackh

Post by jackh »

I'll be the one who says Yes. I have used upscale Eley at 50yds. Then Aguila or something at 25. No problem at all. Did it help? I doubt it. In fact one time I used $BIG Eley at a Sectional and scored 850 something. One hour later in a makeup league 900 using Aguila I scored 870. Go Figure.
jackh

Post by jackh »

visitor wrote:Just what you need - one more thing to think about!!!
Don't think. Just do.
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

Ken O wrote:I'm scratching my head on this one, I can't figure any reason to do it. Help me out, what are you thinking that it might help?
Ken,

I'm a newbie at my BE league and sometimes when calling the line I stand behind some of the better shooters and take notice of thier equipment, patterns, abd take mental notes. ... Guess I'm seeing a variety of user preferences.
visitor

Post by visitor »

I'm a newbie at my BE league and sometimes when calling the line I stand behind some of the better shooters and take notice of thier equipment, patterns, abd take mental notes. ... Guess I'm seeing a variety of user preferences.
That's your answer, then. When you see somebody do something that catches your attention ask THEM what they're doing and why. Then apply your own BS detector.