SK ammo comparison

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

thbauer

SK ammo comparison

Post by thbauer »

Have any of you experience with SK Pistol Match and their Standard Plus ammo? Aside from the obvious price difference, I'm wondering about reliability, consistency, relative power and accuracy out to 50yd.

Thanx for sharing your experience.

---
Ted
Mike V

Post by Mike V »

and while your at it, differences between Eley Sport & Eley Target.

Other than ~$2 per box.

Thanks
clark2245

Post by clark2245 »

Mike V wrote:and while your at it, differences between Eley Sport & Eley Target.

Other than ~$2 per box.

Thanks
Eley Sport is made under contract by Aguila while the Target is made by Eley. Some like the Sport while others complain. I've used Aguila SE yellow box and the CMP white box (by Aguila) and found it to be fine at least for practice and most lots are good enough for matches.
clark2245

Re: SK ammo comparison

Post by clark2245 »

thbauer wrote:Have any of you experience with SK Pistol Match and their Standard Plus ammo? Aside from the obvious price difference, I'm wondering about reliability, consistency, relative power and accuracy out to 50yd.

Thanx for sharing your experience.

---
Ted
I tested both several years ago and found little to no difference between them in accuracy or reliability. Someone at Champions Choice told me at the time that like other ammo makers they certify as much of a production run as they need at that time as the higher level label then the rest goes to the lower labels, even though it is probably the same quality.
dlb

Post by dlb »

There's a discussion of the S+ in the shooters lounge forum.

If it's any help, their Pistol Match is rated at 328 m/s while their standard Match is 325 m/s - according to their info. These share the same max and median (mittlerer) pressures.

For whatever reason, my IZH 35 REALLY likes the Pistol Match. I tend to get very similar results for all other standard-velocity, target and match grade 22 ammo. But the PM produces extremely good groups consistently through both of my 35's.