Bennelli mp90

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

wingnut

Bennelli mp90

Post by wingnut »

Stove pipes during time fire & rapid. Using Wolf target match,RWS target rifle & CCI. SV. Can someone help me.

Post by Guest »

Had the same issue what I did to help it was get high rings for the dot this allowed the casing to eject and not hit the bottom of the scope which in siome cases the case would bounce back down.

It helped me so maybe this is what can work for you.

Hope this helped

Whitney
Bill Treanor

Post by Bill Treanor »

Wingnut:

What sort of scope base/ring arrangement are you using now?

Bill
Bill Treanor

Post by Bill Treanor »

Wingnut:

What sort of scope base/ring arrangement are you using now?

Bill
wingnut

Benelli mp90

Post by wingnut »

Weaver base one infront of slide & one rear of slide. Rings that come with the ultra dot. I also tride Larrys mount and it did not work. My match last week went through slow fire ok, Time fire 2nd round stove pipe, Albi string 2nd round stove pipe. By this time i am out yo lunch.Rapid fire on problem.
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

There's a lot of the same questions over at another Bullseye forum concerning the stovepipe rounds. ... I asked Larry at LGI this very question and he recommends to stay with only European rimfire brands.

I have a MP90S and am wondering what type of answer I would receive inquiring the same questions directly to Benelli. ....

On the flip side of things I've been practicing with Federal AutoMatch and nearly 900 rounds later not a single mis-fire or stove pipe event. Only thing it's a hot round at 1200 fps, but it ejects and shoots damn good.
Its' 1/2 the price of CCI SV and 1/3 price of Wolf MT
jpoulette

MP90S .32SWL

Post by jpoulette »

No expert here - but here are my observations with the MP90S .32SWL with the MatchDot.

So far I've only used the Fiocchi 32LA (400 rnds so far) and have had no problems during rapid fire. The LGI mount worked OK, but I could feel "something hitting something" during ejection. Larry is probably correct about the Euro-ammo, especially with rimfire - but I'm still going to try domestic CF alternatives. Switched to the Leapers RG18D-30H (30mm High Profile Rings - $9.94 a set at OpticsPlanet) and it works fine and no interferences or vibrations on eject. They fit perfectly on the inside (upper most) scope mounts on the Benelli. Larry's mount is still a solid alternative (for CF) - it's just not for me.

Good luck!
omega

Post by omega »

I had this issue with both Benellis: 95 and 90... I am using SK ammo.
Cleaned magazines and started to clean barrel and feed ramp after slow fire stage in NM course. No problem since August (I am knocking on the wood)
Wingnut

Benelli mp90

Post by Wingnut »

Thanks to all. I Raised the scope about 1/4'' today went a shot it tonight. Not one stove pipe out of about 200 rounds. Hope it stays that way.

Again thanks to everyone.

Re: Bennelli mp90

Post by Guest »

[quote="wingnut"]Stove pipes during time fire & rapid. Using Wolf target match,RWS target rifle & CCI. SV. Can someone help me.[/quote]I removed the rear sight from my MP95 and machined a scope mount to fit in its place. The base will hold a micro sight nicely. I used the tapped hole for the elevation screw plus drilled and tapped two other 6-48 holes for mounting. This gets the sight away from the ejection port. It also allows for disassembly without removing the sight. I also had the barrel out of the frame and machined a custom replacement. With the barrel removed,I made bushings to fit in the frame to pilot a long drill. I drilled a hole through the grip that is on the center line of the bore. This way I can use a cleaning rod without removing the grip. I made a plug to insert in the hole for installing the bolt. Without this plug the recoil plunger would get stuck in the hole in the grip. CPT-DAN dehall@chartermi.net
Wingnut

MP90

Post by Wingnut »

Do you have pics. I looked up that sight the price was around $600 Is tahe right.
Mass Shooter

Re: MP90S .32SWL

Post by Mass Shooter »

jpoulette wrote:No expert here - but here are my observations with the MP90S .32SWL with the MatchDot.

So far I've only used the Fiocchi 32LA (400 rnds so far) and have had no problems during rapid fire. The LGI mount worked OK, but I could feel "something hitting something" during ejection. Larry is probably correct about the Euro-ammo, especially with rimfire - but I'm still going to try domestic CF alternatives. Switched to the Leapers RG18D-30H (30mm High Profile Rings - $9.94 a set at OpticsPlanet) and it works fine and no interferences or vibrations on eject. They fit perfectly on the inside (upper most) scope mounts on the Benelli. Larry's mount is still a solid alternative (for CF) - it's just not for me.

Good luck!
Ordered me a set of Leapers High Profile Rings from Optics Planet, anxious to give them a try. I'm not too keen of the looks of the LGI bracket and can do without the extra weight. ... Price is right so what the heck.
jpoulette

One ring

Post by jpoulette »

I've used a single ring and so far it's worked fine. The match dot is light enough that it seems to be stable and secure with a single ring on the front barrel. I did use a little of the "red" thread locker by Loctite on the three screws - removable, but makes the fastener slightly more robust.

Haven't has a single slide related issue with the MP90S yet, given lots of rounds through it in all types of temperature extreams.
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

While on the subject of Benelli MP90S, has anyone actually removed the trigger assembly from frame to perform a thorough cleaning? .... I haven't touched mine yet and was curious how much crud builds up in that area.
Wingnut

MP90

Post by Wingnut »

Yes I remove it & use carb cleaner then Marvel Mystery oil & A Qtip.
Thats from An old timer gun smith.
jpoulette

Trigger assy

Post by jpoulette »

I believe removing the trigger group is required to completely remove the slide assembly. I break it down to the trigger group, slide assembly, and barrel/grip, every time I clean it. I've noticed blow back deposits near the upper end of the magazine slot, that eventually creep along the upper surface over to the trigger assembly. I clean the mag slot well - but always leave it dry. The slide is usually the main cleaning objective - it gets really bad, especially the return spring and obviously around the firing pin. It also gets pretty bad along the interior side walls of the frame assembly. I think all of this would naturally effect the slide timing if it were dirty.

I'm wondering if everyone is having the same good luck with Larry's buffer pads. The material is proving to be much more durable then that original crappy red stuff.
Ken

Larry's Buffers

Post by Ken »

Larry's buffers are much better. I had to completely strip my MP95 and get the chopped up red gunk out of the recoil spring from the smashed up factory buffers. My white buffer from Larry's doesn't have a mark on it after several hundred rounds.
jpoulette

Solvents

Post by jpoulette »

I'm also amazed at how good the LGI buffers are with cleaning solvents. They seem pretty much impervious to it - unlike the stock red ones, which I think was most of the problem. The more I cleaned it, the worse it got.

Put another 150 rounds through it yesterday - not a single problem. Great little shooter. I usually shoot one handed - but shoot it with 2 hands and the accuracy is insane.
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

I removed the LGI bracket and mounted (2) Leapers High Profile Rings, used Locktite (blue) threadlocker on each screw. The only thing that slightly bothers me is the rings don's mount level on my rail. When you look at the top of the iron sights and hold it level, the scope rings are ever slightly cocked to one side. I suppose it's the way the floating dovetail ring bracket machined area engages the Benelli rail dovetail.
The UltraDot scope is perfectly level and sighted in. Easily shoots 100's using two hands holding on a padded block. Did this four times in a row.
Only took a total of 5 shots to adjust and center into the "X"
Fired a few rounds single hand and all held in the black ( 8's and above)
I placed a layer of 1/32" gray adhesive back sheet gasket material on the underside of the scope tube. .... The weight difference is noticeable (less muzzle heavy) from the LGI bracket rail.
The high profile look makes it look sort of space age, but damn does it shoot good and I'm satisfied.
variable

Post by variable »

Interested in selling that LGI mount if you are not going to use it?
PM me!