22 aguela Ammo from CMP

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

keeper

22 aguela Ammo from CMP

Post by keeper »

Has any one have experence with this ammo. The price is certainly good but is it reliable? I started bulseye shooting a few months ago and am looking for some budget Priced ammo. would this fit the bill? Or am i wasting my money.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Are you looking for match ammo or practice ammo? If you are looking for match ammo I would say pass it by and go with CCI SV, the choice of about 75 percent of Bullseye shooters who answered the ammo survey on the Bulleye-L list. If you are looking for practice ammo, it should be fine. Anything will be fine that does not damage your gun so is it cheaper than what you can get locally at some place like WalMart when you factor in shipping? A lot of people at Perry were buying it when I was there but most intended to haul it home themselves. Kate
bummer7

Post by bummer7 »

I found the CMP ammo the same as Aguila SV (Blue & Yellow box). The last two cases I purchased from CMP shoots and functions well in my pistols. Personally, I can't tell a difference between CMP and Aguila.

So far, the accuracy is good and the price is right. The CMP ammo is priced a little lower than the commercial stuff and so is the shipping costs.
landb

Post by landb »

I've been usiing Aguila for about three years now . I used the subsonic without any problems untill I replaced my hammer spring, the new spring must be heavier. Alot of shooters on my team have switched to Aguila from CCI.
Misny

Post by Misny »

I don't have any experience with the CMP Aguila, but I've shot a lot of their Standard, Target and Match Pistol. I have found it to be very inconsistent in performance and dimensions. For example, when it is chambered in my free pistol, some lots slip into the chamber and other lots require quite a push to get them to seat. I have also machine rest tested it, and found that some lots shoot very well at 50 yards (under an inch) while other lots only group around 2" or so. Some semi-auto pistols don't function well with some lots, most noteably the S&W model 41, while others seem to eat it well, i.e. Hammerli Trailside. I did notice that the CMP has two Aguila ammo loaded to different velocities.
clark2245

Re: 22 aguela Ammo from CMP

Post by clark2245 »

The CMP white box ammo seems to be the same as the Aguila SE and both have worked well for myself and others I know locally for several years now. It makes a good practice ammo and probably a good match ammo in most guns. The S&W Model 41 is known to be a little picky about some ammo and the Aguila is a bit softer than the CCI or Eley so it might not function as well in that gun. The other CMP ammo (black box) is still listed as standard velocity but is loaded a little hotter so might work better in a 41. The Aguila SE and the CMP white box work well in two Marvel conversions I have as well as a 208s and my scores don't seem any different whether I shoot it or a mid range Eley. My highest score to date using Aguila SE is 884 so it seems to work fairly well.

If you can find someone with a box or two you can use to test that would be best but most seem to have good luck with it. The CMP did have a bad lot of white box a couple of years ago but they replaced it for everyone who complained. I plan to pick up more at Perry next summer.
keeper

Post by keeper »

Thanks all for the info. i Did try some CMP white box and was very pleased with it's performance.The black box was to hot for me, and it did malfunction in my high standard. But a little shy on CMO ammo i purchased some federal from them a few years ago and had over 50% falure to fire. Called them and they replaced it with a lot that failed to fire only 20% of the time. I'm trying to decide between the CCI SV or CMP.
Misny

Post by Misny »

IMHO, CCI Standard Velocity is hard to beat as a low end, all around target grade ammo. It seems to function well in most all semi-autos. The exception is some paper boxed CCI SV which had a gray bullet. This ammo was made using Federal specs. There was a lot of problems reported. The CCI SV paper boxed ammo with a black bullet is the same as comes in plastic boxes and is very good for the money.