Turret press for precision reloading?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

solomon grundy

Turret press for precision reloading?

Post by solomon grundy »

Has anyone tried a turret press for precision reloading? I'm wondering if these might provide a good compromise between the accuracy of a single stage and the volume of a progressive.
Dan Allen

Post by Dan Allen »

I use an old Lyman turret press to do small lots and load developing instead of setting up the Dillon. I find it to be quite fast since the dies are all setup and I just rotate to the one I want. Later if the load is keeper then it goes in the Dillon.
Matt

Re: Turret press for precision reloading?

Post by Matt »

solomon grundy wrote:Has anyone tried a turret press for precision reloading? I'm wondering if these might provide a good compromise between the accuracy of a single stage and the volume of a progressive.
A progressive press can be as precise as a single stage press - it depends on the operator as to how educated they are to setting up the dies in relation to the press. Bad operator = bad results no matter what type of high quality press is being used. A high quality progressive press will perform flawlessly if the operator pays attention to detail. And, a press requires regular cleaning just like a firearm - let it go and you will experience difficulties. I used a Dillon for 10 years with absolutely no problems whatsoever. My .308 ammunition was extremely accurate and won me many tournaments with very high scores. I coddled my Dillon and it took care of me!

Matt
shadow

Post by shadow »

If you are looking for precision try a Star press. The dies have fine threads.
Ernie Rodriguez

Turret Press

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

I have a Redding T-7 plus Redding dies. This setup has produced very accurate .45 acp ammo for me.
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

What's the weak link in a turret, affecting precision? - the rotating turret head?