Roll Trigger job w/o excessive turn around time?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Roll Trigger job w/o excessive turn around time?

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know of a 1911-smith, or other individual, competent to set-up a good roll trigger on my RRA hardball pistol?

Ideally this is someone who could turn the job around in a few weeks, or a month, rather than 6mos to a year.

I'd set-up a short roll on my Mil-Spec using a C&S kit, but I'm hesitant to do so w/ my match pistol.
6string

Post by 6string »

You have just hit the nail on the head regarding the big name shops. I have a pistol from such a shop that offers a discount on a tune-up for pistols they have built. The only catch is they are backlogged 6 months before they can even get around to looking at it!
My suggestion is to go to some local matches, if you're not already, and see if anyone in your area is trusted. There are a lot of guys out there doing 1911 work and some of it is really good. Not only will your gun get back faster, you may develop a relationship which could prove invaluable over the years. If they're in state you'll also save on the considerable pain in the butt of shipping.
In my area that guy is Dave Salyer, who has also written some excellent articles for www.bullseyepistol.com
Bullseye Shooter

Post by Bullseye Shooter »

Where are you located? I can give you the name of the guy who did my last roll trigger job, but he's in the DFW area. He does not have an FFL so it would be difficult to ship him the gun. A FTF drop off would work.
Daryl

Post by Guest »

I'm in Pennsylvania, about an hour from Philly and two hours from NYC.
fvernic

Post by fvernic »

David Santurri, he did a roll trigger on 2 of my Springfields with a very quick (2 week +/- a day or so) turn around time.

http://www.santurriltd.com
fvernic

Post by fvernic »

David Santurri, he did a roll trigger on 2 of my Springfields with a very quick (2 week +/- a day or so) turn around time.

http://www.santurriltd.com

Post by Guest »

I'll give him a call - thanks for the tip.