45 ACP GunSmith

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

mileaway

45 ACP GunSmith

Post by mileaway »

Hi, I have a 45 ACP I would like to send it out and have it Accuracy. There
is so many. Les Baer, Clark, Rock River, Springfield, that's only the
commercials. Then comes private gunsmith. I don't know what the top shooters use,
but I am really would appreciate, some good help here. that people had good
results with. Thank you.
2650 Plus

Gun Smiths

Post by 2650 Plus »

IMHO Travis Strahan is the absolute best. Our host sells his accuracy job but he is also probably the most expensive . If you are not shooting for national records add the Wilson accuracy jobs to your list. Even though you just might get one good enough to produce the record score. I've only shot Strahans guns and Jim Clarks sr 38s My first guns were by George Elliason and I am afraid he is deceased. There are many other fine gunsmiths thet are regularly mentioned on the Bullseye forum. Talk to the other shooters about accuracy, reliablity, how close the guinsmith comes to meeting delivery dates and how they test for accuracy, in addition to price. Good Shooting Bill Horton
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Les Baer and Rock River sell guaranteed sub-1.5" guns.

Then there is the second tier . . .

Just be sure you are f=getting a *competition* gun and not something else.

There is a *huge* difference between a really, really good gun and a 1.5" gun.
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

Which make and model of pistol is it? - some are not worth accurizing for match competition.

Also Steve is right. You want to make sure that the results of any 'accurizing' are match grade for your intended application. There are no fixed standards for the use of terms such as 'accurize', 'match', or 'competition', so you need to confirm what sort of performance can be expected from any pistol you purchase, or services you have performed on a pistol.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Ahh great point Solomon . . . check recent thread on "IDPA/IPSC/PPC" discipline "match" guns and "Bullseye" discipline "match" guns.

The IDPA/IPSC/PPC "match" guns are generally not up to bullseye standards by a long shot . . . (sorry)

If you don't get a Les Baer/RRA then you will be buying a "kit" with "some assembly required" by a "bullseye match grade gunsmith."

There used to be several of those around . . . . 20 years ago.
william

Post by william »

When I used to subscribe to the Bullseye List, the 2 names that always cropped up were Ed Masaki and Roddy Toyota. I apologize for answering the question you asked (it seems not to be all that common here). Good luck.
WINDYHILL

GUNSMITH

Post by WINDYHILL »

mileaway,, Bob Marvel is the best Ive seen.. He will guarntee your pistol to shoot 1.5 inch ten shot groups at fifty yards,, Look up his web site bobmarvelguns.com.. good shooting
Guest Twenty

Gunsmiths

Post by Guest Twenty »

In my opinion there is no better gunsmith (or person for that matter) than Mike Curtis.
beshooter

Gunsmiths

Post by beshooter »

I agree that Mike Curtis is probably the best but he is no longer building guns for the public. I think he works for the FBI or BATF.

I wish he was still building guns.
GOVTMODEL

Re: 45 ACP GunSmith

Post by GOVTMODEL »

mileaway wrote:Hi, I have a 45 ACP I would like to send it out and have it Accuracy. There
is so many. Les Baer, Clark, Rock River, Springfield, that's only the
commercials. Then comes private gunsmith. I don't know what the top shooters use,
but I am really would appreciate, some good help here. that people had good
results with. Thank you.
In southern New England, Dave Santurri of North Attleboro, MA has a good reputation. Dave Salyer down in the Carolina's is also well-known and respected.