Spotting scope use

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

shaky hands

Re: Spotting scope use

Post by shaky hands »

mr alexander wrote: How did this happen? The 7 0'clock jerk and the 1 o'clock heel create two different movements that are in opposite directions from one another. The jerk and the heel cancel each other out, resulting in the unanticipated surprise.
This is the shot that gives me the most pleasure and usually improves my mood immensely. I don't like to call it "heeling," to me a 1 o'clock shot is the result of unlocking the wrist, but that is semantics. It happens to me once every couple of months. In fact the last time was this past week during our league shooting. I called it, however, pretty well, the 1 o'clock part was bad enough to be a 7, but I knew I "corrected" it with a jerk and was expecting it to be back into the 9 ring. Admittedly, I could not call a 9 from 10, but that would be too much to ask for, given that it was a pretty screwed up shot to begin with.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

David Levene wrote:Calling the shot, and checking that you have called it correctly, is your check that you watched the sights correctly on that shot. Calling the shot without checking it is a pointless process as it proves nothing.

BTW, I have no idea whether it works with a dot sight; I've never used one.
It does work! (I have used dot sights.)
Rover

Post by Rover »

Interesting....I shot a match this weekend and John Zurek, Steve Reiter, Bob Throne, Renald Schilke, Tony and Brenda Silva, myself, and most others were using a spotting scope.

But what the hell do these folks know.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

I posted something that I wish to take back, so I deleted it. My apologies for being caustic to another member of this forum.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

Rover wrote:Interesting....I shot a match this weekend and John Zurek, Steve Reiter, Bob Throne, Renald Schilke, Tony and Brenda Silva, myself, and most others were using a spotting scope.

But what the hell do these folks know.

No one is saying NEVER USE A SCOPE! Just that looking at every shot fired has its fans and not doing so does too. As I posted before
read what Jim Henderson said about it."but what does he know?" a lot lol! Nice debate but I think this horse has suffered enough abuse.

http://www.bullseyepistol.com/henderson.htm