New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TenMetrePeter

Re: New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

Post by TenMetrePeter »

kevinweiho wrote:
TenMetrePeter wrote:A newly manufactured FWB 65 would probably be priced similar to a top end PCP if made in Germany, even with modern CNC tooling.
The Koreans did a great job of copying the 300S rifle (we had one given to our club) Totally illegal fake but apart from the engraving you would never guess!
Manufacturing new FWB 65's nowadays will definately be priced similar to the top end PCP's out there, just look at the price of a new FWB sport air rifle...

It wasn't the Koreans that made the 300S copy, it was the Chinese. Since the design of the rifle is already more than 20 years old, I believe the patent has expired long ago and is of public domain...
I'll check the name but we are pretty sure this is Korean. FWB didnt like it much at the time and they were declared officially counterfeit and banned in Europe as this when the patent was still very much alive (I think it may well be) . We've had it 20 years!
I think the USA imported chinese versions called Target Force BS4? They were available in 2006. Ours isn't one of those. EU would never let them in as Germany now rules the EU.
If you're right and the patent has expired then lack of them in the market would suggest there is no market.
This post is veering from the subject but tje thought could be applied to the 65 equally.
tcas146

Post by tcas146 »

The Korean FWB300 clone is the YeWha MSK ST100. One of the Tong Il industries or the reunification church air rifles. Strange history!

I used mine in the 80’s, it’s a total clone. Apparently FWB300 spares can be used. Still have it and it’s still accurate.

I’ve just researched it this thread refers http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php ... -300-clone

Pics here https://www.flickr.com/photos/26181532@ ... res/29791M

Regards

Paul
sparky

Post by sparky »

tcas146 wrote:The Korean FWB300 clone is the YeWha MSK ST100. One of the Tong Il industries or the reunification church air rifles. Strange history!

I used mine in the 80’s, it’s a total clone. Apparently FWB300 spares can be used. Still have it and it’s still accurate.

I’ve just researched it this thread refers http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php ... -300-clone

Regards

Paul
Wow, the Moonies are really into guns! Turns out Rev. Moon's son is the guy who founded and runs Kahr Firearms in the U.S.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

TenMetrePeter wrote:If you're right and the patent has expired then lack of them in the market would suggest there is no market.
Unfortunately, most folks are sipping and drinking Kool-Aid...

tcas146 wrote:The Korean FWB300 clone is the YeWha MSK ST100. One of the Tong Il industries or the reunification church air rifles. Strange history!

Regards

Paul
Paul, thanks for adding the interesting link to the Korean 300S clone. I’ve read in airgun forums that oem FWB seals can be used in the Korean and Chinese clones with a slight modification.

Mea culpa, for derailing the thread...back to the Morini CM200 EI...
django

Post by django »

i am not happy with this change.

i think morini should think how make user easy attach barrel weight. Most competitive pistol shooter love weight on his pistol. And they should give it free on pistol package like steyr or fwb.

wider and straight trigger shoe. But i don't need twisting trigger shoe.

why grip change look like pardini ? if we can't move rear sight like steyr changing grip style useless.

i like old compensator with slight modification like stery compensator. This new one, i don't like it.

posrted barrel is ok but not must.

carbon barrel slave and cocking lever ? OMG.....random function on E trigger nahh...who need it ?

final verdict i prefer my old morini 162El Black (not a titanium) than wasting money buy another cosmetic change.
tcas146

Post by tcas146 »

I like the look of this and the new Walther LP500.

I’d be looking for a mechanical trigger, not bothered about the carbon bling.

I’d like to see them both and compare in hand.
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

Cm200ei eltronic trigger only
400driver

Post by 400driver »

It talks about individual grip adjustments in the brochure, I wonder if this means that it will be similar to my LP10 in that I can adjust the way the frame sits within the grip so offset can be achieved!
Will email them and ask.
400driver

Post by 400driver »

Morini ..fast response. There are 2 screws on the frame that are adjusted to change the angle of the grip , both vertically and horizontally.
william

Post by william »

Is this the first innovation since Cesare was tossed out of the company? If so, it's been 20+ years and the only meaningful. change is to permit adjustment of the frame to grip orientation.

I suppose they could rest on their laurels and say that the 162 was already perfect, but even McLaren and Ferrari - who've come pretty close to perfection - continually improve the product.
400driver

Post by 400driver »

It was enough to tip me over the edge into ordering one! Hope I like it..
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

Still waiting on a us dealer to get me prices
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

That's it . . . selling my Morini 162EI and jumping on the CM200EI bandwagon. When are they first available? Will PILK or CHAMPIONS CHOICE be the first to have them . . . hmmmm . . . . .
BEA

Post by BEA »

Mr Morini was the design genius and most of the smarts left when he walked out the door. To discribe him as being "tossed out of the company" is rather degrading to such a smart and nice gentleman. But I get it that he was being complimented at the same time. I met him on several occasions. Anyway, the mistake he made was selling his name, but perhaps he had to in order to solidify the deal. His 162 was a great design and this is the reason it has held on so long. It has taken a lot of years for Morini to come up with something new and figure out how to make it seem better. The 162 "Titanium" missed the mark, big time. I speculate that if Mr Morini was still there, that model would have never happened. The CM200 is a very handsome pistol but it really offers no more capability than the 162. Make no mistake about it...I would own one, but would not rush to sell a good 162. The 162 will continue in the lineup...for a while anyway. This might become an excellent opportunity for those wanting a good air pistol to pick up a nice used 162 for a good price.
william

Post by william »

BEA wrote:Mr Morini was the design genius and most of the smarts left when he walked out the door. To discribe him as being "tossed out of the company" is rather degrading to such a smart and nice gentleman. I met him on several occasions. Anyway, the mistake he made was selling his name, but perhaps he had to in order to solidify the deal. His 162 was a great design and this is the reason it has held on so long. It has taken a lot of years for Morini to come up with something new and figure out how to make it seem better. The 162 "Titanium" missed the mark, big time. The CM200 is a very handsome pistol but it really offers no more capability than the 162. Make no mistake about it...I would own one, but would not rush to sell a good 162. The 162 will continue in the lineup...for a while anyway. This might become an excellent opportunity for those wanting a good air pistol to pick up a nice used 162 for a good price.
"Tossed out" was not intended to disparage Cesare in any way. As soon as the deal was done - and it was necessary because his business skills came nowhere near approaching his design skills - he was shown the door by the new ownership. Cesare then went on to SAM where he created the M10, to my feeble mind the finest air pistol of all time.

Over the years I have received personal correspondence from people in a position to observe Cesare's career close up, and I share their profound admiration for his design genius - if often accompanied by practical problems - note the many iterations of the MG2. Still, he remains a brilliantly restless innovator while the company that owns his name is perhaps the most static purveyor of same-old, same-old. Suffice to compare: Cesare has produced the first workable hybrid electric / mechanical trigger and the Repich group has discovered carbon fiber.

Again, no insult to Signor Morini intended.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The only reason I have ever considered retiring my 162 for a Steyr was for the grip adjustability. I could do fine without all the carbon fiber stuff, and I don't want to shell out a small fortune for fancy window dressing I don't need. Once a pistol can put all its shots through the same tiny hole, "accuracy" enhancements are all bunk.
BEA

Post by BEA »

I am with you William. I believe I was editing my comment while you were responding to it. At any rate, to each his own, but one thing that I like about the 162 is the lack of adjustability. IMO, it does not lack any needed adjustability. There is less to mess with and that appeals to me. I had a LP10 at one time, and I thought there were too many things to adjust, and the new ones are even worse, or better, depending on your perspective. However, that is why they make different models, for different tastes.
Timberwerks

Post by Timberwerks »

Has anyone seen this pistol in person? I'm curious as to if the trigger guard is part of the body or a plastic guard that is attached. Hard to tell from photos.
400driver

Post by 400driver »

I am in theory getting mine after the World cup in Germany. I will let you know if that happens. Fingers crossed!
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

Rink will not have grips available until early June. Assuming they will get one first, it looks like June. Rumor is Morini is going to charge every last nickel they think they can get away with charging for this new pistol. Rink is fact. Pricing are from rumors from multiple sources.

Chip