Top Shot it's that time again

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

oldcaster wrote:The reason I don't think it was fair is because an individual was put up for elimination when he wasn't the weakest link on the team. It was done more than once also. It was because he wasn't "one of the boys" which spelled another way is politics. The boys" even said they wouldn't do such a thing because of ethics but that was exactly what they did. If a viewer also feels they are "one of the "boys" they won't see where anything was wrong and look right past what happened. The show should be set up where you are either the best overall or you are not, where a single discipline cannot cause overall failure. It should have nothing to do with personalities, nor should it be possible for either one or a group to cause another to fail. Otherwise it shouldn't be called Top Shot but Top Hustlers and could be performed by actors. I won't watch another episode if it is operated like the last one as I might as well watch a soap opera instead.
I agree, however, The same program that manipulated thousands of hours of film, to extract a "plot" had a vested interest in trying to show drama and plotting (even when there may have been none) to expand their audience beyond competitive shooters.

It is television, not a competition. Ultimately only one person was going to win, so precisely who do you think was eliminated that could outshoot Brian Zins?

The order of elimination means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

As I stated before, the Allstar season is all shooting, no teams, and no nomination range.

If you just want to watch "shooting", go to a match. I personally am happy that Top Shot might be a pretty good way to increase general interest in competitive shooting in this country, and it certainly can't hurt.

I don't expect the show to be everything to everyone. Nothing produced for television can do that.
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

Ultimately only one person was going to win, so precisely who do you think was eliminated that could outshoot Brian Zins?

I never knew the guy that I am specifically talking about so I don't remember the name. It was the one that the "boys' said that they were going to get. If they didn't mean it why did they say it. It was even after they said that they wouldn't do it because it wasn't right. You need to go back and watch and it will be obvious.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

oldcaster wrote:Ultimately only one person was going to win, so precisely who do you think was eliminated that could outshoot Brian Zins?

I never knew the guy that I am specifically talking about so I don't remember the name. It was the one that the "boys' said that they were going to get. If they didn't mean it why did they say it. It was even after they said that they wouldn't do it because it wasn't right. You need to go back and watch and it will be obvious.

If you think this guy could have ultimately "won" than why did he lose in the elimination shoot off?

My point is, that knowing the kind of bs trash talk that goes on in the Army and the Marine Corps, there is probably no single competitor on the show that "someone" did not say they were going to "get" at some point .

If you watched the thousands of hours of raw footage, you would see this, and might realize that the only reason the producers selected these particular statements about one particular character was because it made for drama, not because this particular shooter had been singled out for some reason.

You are jumping to conclusions based on seeing a tiny portion of what actually transpired.

If you had watched Season 3 you would have noticed that Dustin Ellerman, a self taught shooter with no military or competition experience was the ultimate winner. Chris Cheng, another self taught shooter with no military background was the winner in Season 4.

If there had been some kind of cabal or viable plot to eliminate those who were not part of the old boys club, this would not have been possible.
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

[quote="Isabel1130"][quote="

If you think this guy could have ultimately "won" than why did he lose in the elimination shoot off?

What makes you think Zins wouldn't have been eliminated in the exact same situation had he been chosen.