Marvel Unit1 Locking Back - Shouldn't be

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Wow; prices did go up cause I purchased mine this March.
This will be my first full season with the Marvel this coming year/season.
And yes, it is a unit #1

Clarence
matchguy

Post by matchguy »

C. Perkins wrote:Wow; prices did go up cause I purchased mine this March.
This will be my first full season with the Marvel this coming year/season.
And yes, it is a unit #1

Clarence
You must have gotten a good deal. My 2012 Midway catalog (delivered in Feb) shows $446.
Last edited by matchguy on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Well, you arent anywhere near me then. If your Series 70 is the frame you have used with the Ciner, it still may be the frame. I have two dedicated Marvels built on Caspian frames. They are not interchangeable. If they are switched out, neither unit will function on the other's dedicated frame. I think the Marvel has tighter tolerances than the Ciner for a reason. It will shoot better groups. A little work on your frame may solve your problems.
matchguy

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

Post by matchguy »

The problem is solved. For whatever reason, it just doesn't like that frame. Took out a different one today and it worked flawlessly, 150 rnds. Not my favorite frame but it works. Would have preferred the other one as I don't use it but it fits me well.

Thanks for all the info and help. It can be frustrating when you dump a ton for something and it gives you a fit. I thought when I posted I'd get several people with the same problem and what they did to fix it. Not getting that raised the frustration level.

Hopefully if someone else has a similar problem they can see here maybe it just doesn't like the frame. Could be bad if you only have one.

Have a great Labor Day Holiday!!!
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Matchguy, chances are good that a little work on your rails will make your preferred frame function with the Marvel. I am glad your problem is solved for now. Kate
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Matchguy;

Glad to hear it.
I just could not imagine that little peening could cause the slide to stick with the recoil spring pressure trying to bush it back(it is just aluminum and very forgiving).

Now work on your frame and enjoy the Marvel.

By the way, I purchase from Midway a lot and had a 20% off coupon when I purchased my Marvel(had to go back and look it up).

Clarence
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

I have never seen a Marvel unit that does not work on a good 1911-45 frame. That being said it is a precision unit and requires some attention to detail during installation otherwise you will experience some binding. You have to pay attention at the time you are tightening the rod to the slide stop which insure the units integrity and accuracy. If the components are not properly aligned you will experience some binding which is easilly seen by moving the slide back and forth. Loosen the rod and try again until you succeed. Sometimes it requires a few attempts before one determines the proper tension and component configuration. There were some minor frustrations on my part early on in the process so I do speak from experience.