mountain competition

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Ernie Rodriguez

Parts Change

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

I can't imagine a custom pistol maker not honoring a warranty if the owner of pistol changes a trigger,stocks or sights.I can,however,see him doing so if a "smith" changes somethiing that effects functioning,accuracy or saftey.
bentrod

Re: Parts Change

Post by bentrod »

Ernie Rodriguez wrote:I can't imagine a custom pistol maker not honoring a warranty if the owner of pistol changes a trigger,stocks or sights.I can,however,see him doing so if a "smith" changes somethiing that effects functioning,accuracy or saftey.
Boy, this thread got hijacked. The OP sent his pistol to Dr. Nick and has not seen it in almost a year. I am in the same boat, I sent my M92 to Dr Nick for some work last June and have not see it since.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I have seen posts and threads about Dr Nick on targettalk and on the BE forum often stating his greatness as a smith or how they can not make contact or simply can't get their pistol back.

I will openly admit I am not familiar with the US system, but wouldn't you be able to contact the State or Federal authority responsible for Dr Nick's gunsmith licence at least as a means of establishing contact with him or expressing you desire to have your pistol back?

There is a place and time to use regulators to your advantage – having a pistol out of your possession for over a year would concern me if I had not been kept apprised the progress.
penman53

Mountain Competion Pistols - My experience

Post by penman53 »

I have a Mountain Comp pistol that my wife bought me for our 30th wedding anniversary. I have a couple of hickups with Dr. Nick at first but he graciously fixed that problem and I had my pistol in a record time of 3 weeks. He has contacted me numberous times (at least six) and had lengthly conversations with me and I have discussed many thinks with him. Dr. Nick is a very very busy man with his medical practice and his gunsmithing. He is only a part time gun smith and a full time medical professional. He works in New Jersey and has his shop in Pensylvania. He doesn't usually go to his shop during the week and only works on pistols on the weekends. Plus he also competes. I know he is hard to get ahold of but, he is worth the effort and he makes a marvelous pistol. I will cherish it my whole life.

Mark Thomas, Edmond Ok