used model 41 - value help!!!

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

n

used model 41 - value help!!!

Post by n »

would $800 be too much for a used 5.5" model 41 with target sights and grips, weaver rail, 3 magazines, good bore that has had an excellent trigger job?
UAB serial
thx
Bullseye Shooter

Post by Bullseye Shooter »

Do a search on www.gunbroker.com. They have several that are going for less than that. The photos there might give you a good comparison with the one you're looking at.
Dunski

Post by Dunski »

$800 is what I paid two years ago for my M41 from 1969 with orig. box and papers, 7 3/8" bbl, muzzle break, false muzzle and 2 orig mags.

My advice is to hold out for an old 41 in good shape. Several friends at my gun club have purchased new 41s and they ended up having to send them back because of crappy triggers. They old 41s are much more refined!
visitor

Post by visitor »

Looking at open auctions on Gunbroker or Auctionarms is totally (and I do not overstate) useless. If you want to know what things are worth between willing buyers and sellers in today's market, look at closed auctions and only items that actually sold. Things that sit for weeks, months even years without selling are merely noise in the data.
MSC

Post by MSC »

I agree 100% with "visitor". Asking prices on Gunsamerica and Buy Now prices on GunBroker are "usually" inflated - mainly due to dealers that stick them out there in hopes that some un-informed person comes along to pay the price. These ads refresh themselves, so no extra work for the dealer.
"Noise in the data" is a great description. It's incredibly annoying picking through these garbage ads to find the few good ones. Typically this only happens with very popular/mainstream guns, though. Search Pardini, Feinwerkbau, Morini, and the list is short, if not empty!
You'll find the SOLD items on GunBroker do give a very accurate idea of what market value is. I think you need to become a member on GunBroker to see this, but it's worth the 5min to sign up. Kind of like your own Blue Book.
Better place to look is the local Bullseye leagues if you're interested in a 41. I find that most of these folks prefer to sell locally, and aren't trying to make a killing. Someone in my club just had a newer 41 with an UltraDot, beautiful condition - selling for $650. I bought one from a club member last year, both barrels, UltraDot, and Nills grip for $775. Deals are out there.
The internet is great, but IMO drives prices up.
Sorry for the run-on!

Post by Guest »

If you join GB a/o Auction Arms, you can select to 'watch' auctions. The results of these auctions will still be apparent to you after they've closed. You'll be able to access them through your account management interface.

GunsAmerica is a bit different from GB or AA. The prices on GA are often deliberately inflated to allow a dealer to make a margin on the item. If you're interested in something, ask a dealer to inquire on your behalf. They may be able to get you a better price.

But frankly any match gun on a national auction site is likely to sell at the higher end of it's potential price range.
Bullseye Shooter

Post by Bullseye Shooter »

At the Armarillo Gun Show a couple weeks ago, there was a very nice 41 with an extra set of National Grips, red dot and mount and two magazines for $700.