Colt Target

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

MDK

Colt Target

Post by MDK »

I need some information about this pistol. (accuracy, trigger,...)
Is it in the same level than Rugers or Brownings?

Thanks (and sorry for my english)!
2650 Plus

Colt match target

Post by 2650 Plus »

The design is best described as ancient and altho Huelet "Joe " Benner won 5 US National championships with one some 50 years ago, time has pessed it by. If you are interested in any level of competition I would take a pass on it and try to find a more modern piece . Good Shooting Bill Horton
MDK

Post by MDK »

Thanks Bill, but I'm asking for this colt target
Attachments
cc78875c52b3c4cda1ddc65357b3cbc2.jpg
cc78875c52b3c4cda1ddc65357b3cbc2.jpg (31.53 KiB) Viewed 5623 times
MSC

Post by MSC »

I'd be curious to hear some feedback from someone who owns one, myself. I see them popping up in gun shops here and there, and wonder why I've never heard them spoken of. The look, is that of a modern woodsman model. Given their relatively inexpensive price (compared to any other Colt, at least), my guess is that the the quality/performance is far from a Woodsman...
6string

Post by 6string »

A good friend of mine had one of these Colt Targets. I got him into 2700 shooting 10 years ago when I was still using my old Colt Woodsman Match Target (3rd Model). We both agreed my older one was the much better pistol. My friend then bought a Browning Buckmark and felt that it really helped his scores.
Guest Twenty

Colt Target

Post by Guest Twenty »

To answer your question, yes, the Colt Target is in the same class with the Ruger and Browning Buckmark. The Ruger would be the preferred pistol out of the three.
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

I met a guy on Sunday, shooting one of these at our range. He had a red dot on it. He didn't miss the target at 50 yards, but his group wasn't that good. On the other hand, he didn't do all that well with the Ruger Mark II and 4x scope either.

I don't know the gun buying situation in Brasil, so I don't know your chances of getting a Ruger, but I KNOW a Ruger Mark II or III will hold the 10 ring at 25 and 50 yards. The Colt Target MAY hold the ten ring at 25 and 50 yards. Unless you get to try the Colt Target at the range you intend to compete at, I wouldn't buy it.

Hope this all helps.

Mike
Wichita KS
MDK

Post by MDK »

All,
thanks for the replies!

Ok, the Ruger is better, but I don't have options here.
MDK

Post by MDK »

Why is so dificult to find information about this pistol?
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

MDK wrote:Why is so dificult to find information about this pistol?
I suspect because it was not very popular and few people have one or have seen one. One member of my club has one, and it's the only one I ever seen.
6string

Post by 6string »

[/Ok, the Ruger is better, but I don't have options here]

Dear MDK,
If I understand you correctly, the Colt is your only choice but you are wondering how it performs vs. the Ruger or Browning. Is purchasing the Colt the difference between shooting and not shooting? If so, I would definitely buy it and just go shoot it. The only thing I didn't really like about it, compared to the Ruger or Browning, is with the light polymer grip and bull barrel, it felt kind of top heavy. The trigger seemed good compared to its competition. If this is your only option I suspect you will quickly adapt and do well with it.
Best Wishes!
MDK

Post by MDK »

6string,
you get the point!
I took a few shots and I liked it, but I don't know any Ruger or Browning. I'm a AP shooter (Steyr LP1).

THANKS!
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

GOVTMODEL wrote:
MDK wrote:Why is so dificult to find information about this pistol?
I suspect because it was not very popular and few people have one or have seen one. One member of my club has one, and it's the only one I ever seen.
That is my experience. I didn't know that this model of pistol existed until two weeks ago when a guy showed up at the range with one. Not hadn't seen one, yet, but I didn't know that Colt made anything like it at all.

If it's your only choice, I'd buy it and hope for the best. If something else comes along, maybe you can sell it and get a better gun.

Mike