Wrist angle

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

jabberwo

Wrist angle

Post by jabberwo »

Hi,

I'm fairly new to bullseye, just starting my second season. I really want to improve! This year I moved up to a Pardini from last year's Ruger MK II. I really like the larger angle between bore and grip of the Euro pistols. It leads to my question. Do you want to let your wrist relax completely, by which I mean that as I bring up my pistol to the target I should not be using any manipulation of the wrist to raise the dot to the target? It's close, but usually POA is low when I try to not use any more muscle then I need to get the mild grip pressure I've been told to use. The alternative is I guess to adjust the grip.

My goal is to reduce my wobble area of course, and I'm looking for reasons. First match with the Pardini I shot 87 slow. My wobble area is pretty much all over the black.

thanks!
jab
2Amend

Post by 2Amend »

Solomon Grundy gave good tip to another guy in the topic " Flyers". He mentions tensing the muscles in the forearm. I don't think that totally relaxed muscles in the wrist is a good idea. It will lead to to much uncontrolled movement. There's really no bottom on a totally relaxed wrist.