trigger adjustment (Hi Standard m102 Supermatic Tournament)

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Kirk A

trigger adjustment (Hi Standard m102 Supermatic Tournament)

Post by Kirk A »

I recently acquired a 1958 Model 102. It's an excellent shooter, but the wonderful trigger is too light for Bullseye; it won't lift the 2lb minimum weight. I've searched unsuccessfully for information describing the adjustment process. I think it related to the large screw on the right side of the frame, above the trigger itself. A few half turns didn't make a noticeable difference, so I undid my changes, concerned about just what I was doing.

Could you refer me to any on-line information for this adjustment process, or offer you own recommendations or experience.

If I can get this legal, I may make this my primary indoor pistol for the coming winter season -- iron sights, and all. Otherwise, I'll need to stick with my legal 41.

Thank you,
Kirk A
visitor

Post by visitor »

The large screw on the RH side is the overtravel adjustment. Trigger pull weight is the small recessed screw on the back end. If cranking it in doesn't get you up to 2 lb you'll need to get a new sear spring from somebody like Brownells.
jackh

Post by jackh »

The Tournament madel wont have the adjust screw mentioned. If the sear spring is an original one, best to remove it and torque it open some. then put it back. The new springs from Brownells are probably Texas high standard. They are a bit beefy and hard to set lighter.
Kirk A

Post by Kirk A »

Thanks, Jack. I couldn't find the screw and thought I was daft. I did get a spare spring kit. Between the new spring and the modified old one, perhaps I can get this in the ballpark.

Cheers,
Kirk A