.32 Vs 9mm, or ...

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

makofoto

.32 Vs 9mm, or ...

Post by makofoto »

I'm hoping to start shooting again. My new girl friend, and the owner of the SCCA CS Miata that I co-drive/race, likes shooting and wants me to take her out to the range. She has a 357 Ruger.

I use to have a Les Baer Bullseye .45, a Pardini .32 and Pardini .22

I did my own loading. The .32 target round was, I believe, never considered the most accurate projectile. Instead of getting another .32, what else is there that is considered competitively accurate. I'm looking for a mild shooting pistol, that we can mount a red dot sight to. I like the fact that I can still see the holes in target with something around .32

Are there competition 9 mm's that shoot target lead?
Alexander

Re: .32 Vs 9mm, or ...

Post by Alexander »

makofoto wrote:Instead of getting another .32, what else is there that is considered competitively accurate. I'm looking for a mild shooting pistol, that we can mount a red dot sight to. I like the fact that I can still see the holes in target with something around .32

Lots and lots, in Europe.

But you respectively she will be happier with a used .38 Special WC pistol, e.g. a S&W Mod. 52.

Alexander
Mako

Post by Mako »

Forget what she wants ... I want a Walter SSP in 32 ... but I don't think they make it in .32, correct?

http://www.carl-walther.info/dev2/index ... roduct=481
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

The reports I've seen on the 952 have been very favorable (e.g. 2" at 50yds )

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... sFirearm=Y

An accurized M9 is another option, and you can shoot these in leg matches.
Allgoodhits

Re: .32 Vs 9mm, or ...

Post by Allgoodhits »

makofoto wrote:I'm hoping to start shooting again. My new girl friend, and the owner of the SCCA CS Miata that I co-drive/race, likes shooting and wants me to take her out to the range. She has a 357 Ruger.

I use to have a Les Baer Bullseye .45, a Pardini .32 and Pardini .22

I did my own loading. The .32 target round was, I believe, never considered the most accurate projectile. Instead of getting another .32, what else is there that is considered competitively accurate. I'm looking for a mild shooting pistol, that we can mount a red dot sight to. I like the fact that I can still see the holes in target with something around .32

I would add a STI Targetmaster in 9mm to the list to consider. Quality sights, 6" barrel and slide and good for <3" out of the box. About $1400+/-. www.stiguns.com

MJ