High Standard Victor 22 Short Conversion unit

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

pistol1911

Post by pistol1911 »

I have a Victor 22 short conversion unit I bought at Camp Perry in 1980 from Jackie Best.It is in its original box with 2 magazines.Manufactured in East Hartford.Mint condition.My question,other than plinking,what is it good for? I recently started shooting bullseye again after a 15 year absence.I was told you could no longer shoot shorts at 25 yards,not that I ever did in the past.What are the rules now? Jim Hughes
Bullseye Shooter

Post by Bullseye Shooter »

I think someone told you wrong. Below is the current rule on .22s. From the way I read it, .22 Shorts are still allowed in Bullseye matches:

3.4 .22 Caliber Pistol or Revolver - Any pistol (single shot or semi-automatic) or revolver using a .22 caliber rimfire, cartridge having an overall length of not more than 1.1 inches and with lead or alloy bullet not greater than .23 inches in diameter and weighing not more than 40 grains; barrel length, including cylinder, not more than 10 inches; sights may be adjustable but not over ten inches apart measured from the apex of the rear sight to the apex of the front sight. Trigger pull not less than 2 pounds. An standard safety features of the gun must operate
properly.
visitor

Post by visitor »

$.02 worth (adjusted for inflation): If it were mine, I'd keep it in its box and sell it to the highest bidder. A slightly used conversion unit is worth about half of an unfired one to a collector.

NRA rules allow you to shoot it in Conventional Pistol, but by the time you paid for a few bricks of good quality std velocity ammo you'd come to regret it.
pistol1911

Post by pistol1911 »

I should not have used mint.If memory serves I probably shot a 100 rounds through it,cleaned and oiled it and returned it to its box. Jim Hughes
Bullseye Shooter

Post by Bullseye Shooter »

High Standard still makes the .22 short conversion barrel for the Victor but their current price list does not show how much they're running. I'm sure an older unit in excellent condition would be "money in the bank" if you ever decided to sell it.
pistol1911

Post by pistol1911 »

Found new ones at Brownells.$ 417 Jim Hughes