Kim Ye-ji. Great to see Olympians as positive role models

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
SPPcoach

Kim Ye-ji. Great to see Olympians as positive role models

Post by SPPcoach »

Olympic star Kim Ye-ji poses in Louis Vuitton for her new photoshoot
By Choi Hye-seung, Published 2024 9-1
Rising Olympic star Kim Ye-ji, the silver medalist in shooting at the 2024 Paris Olympics, is capturing attention beyond the sports world, making waves in fashion and media with her recent Louis Vuitton photoshoot and growing global recognition. /W Korea
Rising Olympic star Kim Ye-ji, the silver medalist in shooting at the 2024 Paris Olympics, is capturing attention beyond the sports world, making waves in fashion and media with her recent Louis Vuitton photoshoot and growing global recognition. /W Korea
Kim Ye-ji, the silver medalist in shooting at the 2024 Paris Olympics and a member of the Imsil County Office team, recently did a photoshoot in luxurious Louis Vuitton attire.

The fashion magazine W Korea released 10 photos of Kim on its website and official Instagram on Aug. 31. In the photoshoot, Kim wears a sleeveless dress by Louis Vuitton, holding a replica gun and pointing it directly at the camera. She also showcases a variety of Louis Vuitton outfits while striking shooting poses, displaying her distinctive charm.

When W Korea first approached Kim for the shoot, she confessed, “The first thought that crossed my mind was, ‘Why me?’” She added, “There are other gold medalists out there, so why was I chosen? It was also surprising that Elon Musk mentioned me. I’ve been shooting since middle school, and nothing about me has really changed.”

Kim explained that she decided to participate in the photoshoot because she believes the public’s memory of Olympic stars tends to fade faster than expected. She felt that appearing more frequently in the media would help keep shooting as a sport in people’s minds. She expressed her desire to be remembered as “Kim Ye-ji, the expert shooter,” and mentioned that her ultimate goal is always to surpass herself, whether in breaking records or achieving personal milestones.

Kim won the silver medal in the 10m air pistol event at the Paris Olympics. Her fame also brought attention to a video from the ISSF World Cup in Baku, Azerbaijan, last May. In the clip, Kim, wearing a black baseball cap backward, sets a new world record in shooting before casually lowering her gun with an expression of calm indifference.

The video went viral globally, and even Tesla CEO Elon Musk commented that it would be great to see a world champion shooter in an action movie, suggesting that Kim Ye-ji should be cast, noting that no acting would be required. Kim was also named as one of NBC’s “Top 10 Stars to Watch” for the 2024 Paris Olympics.

Following her rise to stardom, Kim received numerous requests to appear on television programs. It’s reported that she’s currently negotiating over 20 advertising deals from various industries, including food and gaming. To manage her growing schedule, she has signed with an entertainment management agency.

Regarding her move into the spotlight, Kim said she knows her name might eventually fade from memory, but by engaging in other activities, she hopes that her association with shooting will continue, ensuring that people keep the sport in mind. She also expressed a hope that future athletes will benefit from better training conditions.
https://www.chosun.com/english/kpop-cul ... iulFU0pFaw