Air Rifle Biathlon

For those who like shooting in the snow

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Craig1956

alpineboard

Air Rifle Biathlon

Post by alpineboard »

Hi All, This is my first post in Biathlon related thread. I have a lifetime of experience in smallbore and 10 m air rifle. For the past 2 1/2 years have been completely concentrating on standing 10 m indoor air rifle. Training at least 1 hrs in evening 7 days a week.

With that said, I have been always trying to promote air rifle in many ways, but am in a kind of dead zone for (35 years) smallbore and air target shooting.
I have watched the recent air rifle biathlon applications on youtoob. Both summer running and winter skiing. The many benefits to an easier set up
for air rifle ranges for a biathlon set up, makes this method more attractive to any group who desires to do so.

So , yesterday, I met this guy while bicycling, and traded recent and past stories. So I took a chance and mentioned Olympic Air Rifle,
and right away this caught his interest. It turns out that he has a past of some competition in biathlon, and is the head coach of Nordic at a local
high school. He has been recently thinking of creating an air rifle biathlon at this school. This school has a very extensive Nordic program, which actually has had a recent snow making on the loop system installed up and running for last season.
This individual is some what green to target shooting as far as 10 m and smallbore goes.
But I would have to guess that he is quite talented in skate skiing to get hired as a head coach at a top end school.
So this individual needs some guidance and direction, which brings me to this thread, and I am asking here, what kind of
programs already exist, as far as air rifle goes?
This entire situation has a very strong potential of positive movement for success, the means are there 100% plus!
He also mentioned he presently has a candidate interested in Biathlon, and if I would give this person an introduction to 3 position AR , in a start up basic 3 position introduction to shooting method, using my equipment, to which I most likely will do.

Any help and direction is greatly appreciated. Thank You, R
crasher

Re: Air Rifle Biathlon

Post by crasher »

Where are you located in NH?

I'm outside of Boston and can let you options of clubs nearby.

What you can teach is the fundaments of shooting.
- safe shooting guidelines
- sight picture
- sight alignment
- trigger squeeze
- follow through

Positioning and equipment are different enough between 3p and biathlon that I would not worry too much about that part of the shooting.