Matchguns MG4 Doubling/Hammer Follow

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Shiloh

Matchguns MG4 Doubling/Hammer Follow

Post by Shiloh »

Have a MG4. It is a .32 S&W L. I bought it because it had an Eulette .32 ACP Conversion (barrel and extractor) installed.

After shooting it for a few weeks, it started doubling and tripling. I had made some trigger adjustments during that time.

I played with every conceivable trigger adjustment without success. I then replaced the 32 S&W L barrel and extractor. Nothing worked.

The trigger hammer would set when the slide was cycled.

I then held the trigger back and cycled the slide. The hammer followed.

It turns out that my problem was the Trigger Stop adjustment (screw 6 in the diagram in the manual).

My earlier adjustments were focused on the release levers, especially the lower release lever and the disconnector slot on that lever.

To fix the problem, I cycled the slide and turned the trigger stop screw in until the trigger couldn’t move. While holding the trigger back, I then slowly backed the trigger stop screw until the hammer fell.

I then held the trigger back while cycling the slide and the hammer did not fall. Backed the trigger stop screw out a very, very, very small amount more.

Took the MG4 to the range and fired 20 rounds without any problems. I am going to continue play with the .32 S&W L but will likely reinstall the .32 ACP barrel and extractor later.
kqrxbn

Re: Matchguns MG4 Doubling/Hammer Follow

Post by kqrxbn »

That is interesting! Thanks for the information. I am still trying to get my extractor replaced but any month now I may be able to try what you described ...
Shiloh

Re: Matchguns MG4 Doubling/Hammer Follow

Post by Shiloh »

kqrxbn: PM sent