USA Shooting Or The Lack Of It

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
K38

USA Shooting Or The Lack Of It

Post by K38 »

Ok, I guess I’m going to be the squeaky wheel and the bad guy. I am a dues paying member of USA Shooting and I have been off and on although I used to live in the edge of the galaxy with no hope of a place to shoot. So here in Buda, Texas near Austin, Texas. You know Texas, the second most populous state in the union and the home of all kinds of things that shoot.

Let’s see how many air pistol matches did USA Shooting sanction here last week, month, year, decade….?

How many qualified coaches can I find in Texas listed on the web site?

How many up to date air rifle/pistol ranges are there with electronic targets to practice?

I believe we all know the answer

Probably zero maybe one if you know the right people or go to the right universities.

Now compare this to USA Archery. Hundreds of certified coaches. They always answer the phone, they find you a coach, they work with the bow companies. They are interested in everyone from duffers and old folks to Olympians.

There should at least be an air pistol/air rifle range and youth program with adult training in at least the top ten or twenty cities. It doesn’t take a big space it just takes commitment. I imagine they could even get the NRA to unbend a bit of their let’s send the big wigs on safari money to help.

OK so I realize I’m mostly stirring the
Pot and causing a ruckus but let’s get it going!
K38

Re: USA Shooting Or The Lack Of It

Post by K38 »

After a very quick check there are at least ten air pistol ranges in New Delhi.
Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

You wonder how many matches USA Shooting has sanctioned. But they don't create the matches and the match program and set up the venue. That is up to the clubs in your area.

I understand your frustration, but I think it is misdirected. Get active in a club, or start a club, and then ask USA Shooting to sanction your match. Pretty easy to get the approval of USAS.
K38

Post by K38 »

But we need direction and organization. USA archery does this. They also answer the phone.
Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

I reached out to USA Shooting about this lack of information on how to sanction a match.

I actually got a response from the new CEO. She acknowledged the lack of information on the website and stated that she would make it a priority to get the staff involved in bringing the site up to date on these issues.

I didn't try the phone, as you did. I've always had good luck contacting forks via email.

YMMV