Shooting Jacket etc.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

K38

Shooting Jacket etc.

Post by K38 »

How much does a complete first class leather shooting jacket, pants, glove, etc.(all items of clothing needed) cost in US dollars?
Tim S

Re: Shooting Jacket etc.

Post by Tim S »

Does the jacket have to be leather? I ask as synthetic fabrics and canvas (mixed with leather) have predominated over the past twenty-twenry five years. Monard still make an all leather jacket; UK price is £837 made to measure. Thune did make a leather outer but I can't see it listed anymore. There are full-bore orientated leather jackets like the Creedmoor, and Ten Point Nine Shell, but these aren't ISSF compliant.

That said, in UK prices a Capapie suit with Sauer underwear and boots, a Centra sling, and a Monard glove would set one back just over £2,500. Obviously this is high level equipment, and a newbie would not need to spend this much to get started, or for the less competitive shooter to participate. There are cheaper versions too, and most items can be bought second hand (I wouldn't buy a used glove as these get pretty sweaty, but you could do).
Last edited by Tim S on Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
K38

Re: Shooting Jacket etc.

Post by K38 »

No, my lack of understanding is at fault. I was thinking of the Capapie equipment. Thanks this is this is the information I wanted. I knew someone here would know.