New user here, thought I'd say hi.

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

defcon.klaxon

New user here, thought I'd say hi.

Post by defcon.klaxon »

Hi all,

New user here. A friend of mine who used to shoot competitively suggested this forum as a good place to look at Classifieds so I thought I'd say hi and not just start posting in the Classifieds section as a new user with very low post numbers.

I've never shot competitively but like I said, a friend has and awhile ago I bought a Feinwerkbau 300S from him to shoot in the backyard.

After watching the shooting events in the Olympics for the first time, I got interested in getting a pistol as well and said friend suggested that for what he knows I like, a Walter CP2 or CP3 would be exactly what I would want. Thus, I'm joining some forums that he suggested and will be looking. Also looking forward to keeping up with the sport after the Olympics wrap up.

Cheers!

--Phil
Last edited by defcon.klaxon on Thu Aug 08, 2024 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m1963

Re: New user here, thought I'd say hi.

Post by m1963 »

Welcome!
Rover

Post by Rover »

Your choices would be excellent along with RWS Basic pellets and European (not American) targets.

You could shoot the postal matches here and receive the proper abuse.
defcon.klaxon

Post by defcon.klaxon »

m1963 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:00 amWelcome!
Thanks!
defcon.klaxon

Post by defcon.klaxon »

Rover wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:26 am Your choices would be excellent along with RWS Basic pellets and European (not American) targets.
Thanks for the suggestions!
Postal matches? Can you explain?
Scrimshott

Post by Scrimshott »

Hey! Welcome. I’m also new, and I’m eager to get back into competitive target shooting. From what little I know, I think you’ve got a great intro pistol, but I only know what the kind folks here have told me :P
Rover

Post by Rover »

defcon.klaxon wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 6:01 pm
Rover wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:26 am Your choices would be excellent along with RWS Basic pellets and European (not American) targets.
Thanks for the suggestions!
Postal matches? Can you explain?
Play with this:

https://targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=68663