Morini free pistol compensator

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
LukeP

Morini free pistol compensator

Post by LukeP »

A few years ago, I switched from the Toz to the Morini CM84E.
And I immediately suffered from the different balance.
I found it too heavy at the front: it hurt my elbow after a few shots and I had difficulty holding it up.
The original front sight holder weighs about 70 grams.
So I started experimenting to make a 3D printed sight mount, and trial and error I came up with a fully functional sight holder and compensator.
Screenshot_20240516-110058.png
Screenshot_20240516-110017.png
After the first home-printed prototypes, I switched to a more professional material: sintered nylon, which is strong and heat-resistant.
Extremely light: 25 grams, with a good effect of softening the reaction of the shot.
I have been using it for two years now, in fact there are now five shooters at my range who use it with satisfaction and have not shown any problems.
I made it interchangeable with the original, it uses the standard Morini sights.
I would be happy to show it to you.
Thank you for your attention.
Rover

Re: Morini free pistol compensator

Post by Rover »

What schmuck said you can't buy points, when here it is before your very eyes.

How much$$$?
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Thank you Rover for your interest. DM sent.

Later I'll post some photos of the variants that other shooters have asked me for .... and that I've made over the past two years.
K38

Post by K38 »

Perhaps a nylon compensator for the TOZ would be good as well. (Slight begging here :-)

DLB
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Which version? The one with front sights attached to the barrel or the one where you can slide out the sight holder?
I have done both Toz versions. I don't have the pictures right now, but I'll add the drawings.
T1 cad.JPG
For the Morini, I also made two additional versions: one a little longer and one much longer.
The first one above is the original Morini front sight holder, the second is the one I normally use, the other two are special requests.
Morini all view.JPG
I also made one for the Hammerli 150.
H-150.jpg
H-150.jpg (55.2 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
The one for the Morini uses the original sights, while the ones for the Toz and the Hammerli need a special sight, which I always print in the same material.
Since it is matte black, it works well.
As you can see, once I got the hang of designing them, I had a lot of fun.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Nice designs!

How well does the compensator section hold up to firing? My Morini arrived with the compensator forward. It got coated internally with lead & powder fouling fairly quickly, and was a pain to clean. I gave up & moved it back so the that front of the compensator was flush with the end of the barrel. I don't mind the weight/balance with the compensator moved back, and I never found the lack of "compensation" to be noticeable.

The aluminum factory version didn't care about the burst of hot flame from muzzle blast, but I'm surprised the nylon doesn't eventually get toasted. If I were to get one, I think I'd like to get a spare for the day the first one gets too singed.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

I can only speak from the experience of the last two years: the Morini compensator, which I have always used, shows no signs of 'wear' in the part hit by the gas jet. In fact, it seems quite easy to clean with a toothbrush, you remove most of the residue and only the surface remains dirty, but I think it's an initial effect that doesn't change. On paper, the material is durable and does not suffer from the immediate heat of firing. Next week I'll go to the range and take some photos of the uncleaned compensator from earlier in the year to get an idea of the type of deposit that forms and after how many shots.
As for the aluminium one, I don't know about the material or the shape, but you're not the only one who's found it difficult to clean.
On the Toz compensator, I tried a conical nozzle at the front that could be unscrewed for cleaning or replacement. One shooter in particular had asked me for it. I have not yet found the need for this on the Morini, but never say never.
K38

Post by K38 »

I need to figure out which kind of sight mount my TOZ has. I did see something interesting about keeping compensators clean. Some of the action pistol crowd are spraying compensators with case lube ore welding anti-spatter gel before shooting to make clean up easier. I don’t know if it would help here or not or if it’s a solution in search of a nonexistent problem.

DLB
K38

Post by K38 »

My TOZ 35M has the front sight that has a replaceable blade but the base is pretty much permanently mounted on the barrel. Does that make sense?

DLB

https://search.app.goo.gl/iqbmLd3
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

In my limited experience:
This version has a kind of round strap that comes off.
Screenshot_20240519-201406.png
This one has everything welded to the barrel.
Screenshot_20240519-201435.png
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

i saw your post on egun, selling the morini compensator
i would like the TOZ-35 one - old version with the front sight welded to the barrel. (TOZ-35M is the new version with the removable front sight)
Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22
CFP: Walther GSP 32
Freepistol: TOZ-35
PPC: CZ Shadow 2
PCC: Nova Modul CTS9
K38

Post by K38 »

A super lightweight minimalist TOZ fore end that would just keep the delicate parts covered up might be a good seller too.

DLB
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Not much left to lighten up 😅
IMG-20240524-WA0000.jpg
K38

Post by K38 »

That’s amazing!
K38

Post by K38 »

Can we buy any of these??

DLB
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

The TOZ fore hand in the photo is the first prototype, I still have to adjust a few things...
All the compensators, on the other hand, I already have them cyclically available.
K38

Post by K38 »

You have me beat by about 10 grams or so!
Attachments
IMG_0445.jpeg