Pdf’s of shooting targets?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Isi

Pdf’s of shooting targets?

Post by Isi »

Hi guys…does anyone knows where i can find printing pdf’s of pistol issf shooting targets? In order to print on my own for practising…

Reason im not buying some is because i need to print them on 50% size in order to practise from 5 meters distance….

Im not sure if such targets exists…

Also a very hard question is if anybody knows which paper is used for printing them…

Thanks everybody in advance for your answers
Rover

Re: Pdf’s of shooting targets?

Post by Rover »

Use the back of old (used) quality targets. Do not reduce 10 meter bullseye 50%, it will not be the same. Somewhere on-line there are posted the correct size for 5 meters that you can download, but I don't know where.

That said, I wouldn't bother too much since you are really only shooting for group, with no regard for score
Isi

Post by Isi »

Rover wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:39 am Use the back of old (used) quality targets. Do not reduce 10 meter bullseye 50%, it will not be the same. Somewhere on-line there are posted the correct size for 5 meters that you can download, but I don't know where.

That said, I wouldn't bother too much since you are really only shooting for group, with no regard for score
Hey Rover..thanks for your reply…. Do you mean shooting on the white of the targets? It wouldnt be the same for me…i want to simulate the exact same circumstances but in half the distance…. If anyone knows about the link that Rover is mentioning please sent it through….thanks again….
Rover

Post by Rover »

j-team

Post by j-team »

At 5m you can use air rifle targets. The black is half the size, the scoring rings are wrong, but you shouldn't worry about that if it's only training for technique and groups.
Isi

Post by Isi »

Guys thank you all for your suggestions
Pitt Willett

Post by Pitt Willett »

It may be covered in some of the links above but the below site works well as you can scale targets to whatever distance you want. Not sure if ISSF targets are the 10m AP is. I've used it before and it works well just need to read the directions on the site.

https://svgtargets.com/
PirateJohn

Post by PirateJohn »

If you want to make your own target for 5 meters, you can cut the black in half so it appears the same size, but the ring sizes need to be scaled with the following formula if you want to score the targets:

New diameter = old diameter / 2 - 2.25mm

So the 10 ring will go from 11.5mm to 3.5mm in diameter, the 9 ring from 27.5mm to 11.5mm, and so on. This means the 7 ring and the black will not be the same size anymore.

Edit: Fixed typo
Last edited by PirateJohn on Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isi

Post by Isi »

Thanks guys..i appreciate all the feedback!