Steyr lp50 compact

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

KenBryant

Steyr lp50 compact

Post by KenBryant »

I seem to have a stuck cylinder. Mag is removed cylinder leaked gas after the last shot and is empty. 45 degrees outside. I don't remember tightening that much. Any tricks to get it off? I forget, never paid attention. with the pistol facing forward, which way is the way to loosen the cylinder? Help!!!
spektr

Re: Steyr lp50 compact

Post by spektr »

Get a square silicone pad from walmart of the dollar store. It allows you to really grip the tank without damaging anything. After that, lube your tank threads with Super lube grease 21030 or FWB Special grease before reattaching it......
KenBryant

Post by KenBryant »

With a muzzle pointing away from me or forward, which is the correct way to loosen the cylinder? Turn to the right?
Green_Canoe

Post by Green_Canoe »

Viewed from the rear of the gun clockwise. Viewed from the front counterclockwise. (Same direction as a standard bolt or screw.)
KenBryant

Post by KenBryant »

Thanks so much for all the responses.
spektr

Post by spektr »

Try not to view a pistol from the front.............

Cheers....