Open or closed

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

dontshootcritters

Open or closed

Post by dontshootcritters »

Hi guys..

I'm new to a/p plinking after 30 or so years with a small bore rifle. Didn't use glasses at all but did have a blinders so so eyes could be open to reduce eye strain..
I'm using glasses with a.50 lens and really struggling to shoot the damn thing with both eyes open..! I've got a blinder which isn't black just a greyish. (Standard Champion Glasss issue) I'm finding my vision definitely sharpens up when I close my left eye which seems to be counter intuitive!
Are there any exercises that I can do to strengthen for the want of a word my shooting eye.? Maybe that seems a silly thing to ask but I'm really not getting anywhere with both open. Maybe it is that I just shoot one eye closed and be done with it..

Thanks for any and all advice.
Rover

Re: Open or closed

Post by Rover »

You need glass(es). Get your scrip to include the +.50. You want the blinder to pass about the same amount of light as the lens. I use a piece of matte cellophane tape for that if I'm not wearing my Champion shooting glasses.

Remember, the eyes work as a pair, even when you're only using one.
dontshootcritters

Re: Open or closed

Post by dontshootcritters »

Thanks Rover for the reply.